theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   TV and Film (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The Many Saints Of Newark (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203712)

gjdjud 15 Sep 21 07:10 PM

The Many Saints Of Newark

Got my tickets to see this next week and I can’t wait! Been waiting for so long the Sopranos film. I guess you call it a prequel. Trying not to read to much about it so I don’t spoil it but I know one of the big storylines is the young Tony Soprano played by James Gandolfini’s son Micheal and how he idolises his uncle Dickie Moltisanti(see where the name of the film comes from;)). So excited:)

novocastrian 16 Sep 21 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15137437)
Got my tickets to see this next week and I can’t wait! Been waiting for so long the Sopranos film. I guess you call it a prequel. Trying not to read to much about it so I don’t spoil it but I know one of the big storylines is the young Tony Soprano played by James Gandolfini’s son Micheal and how he idolises his uncle Dickie Moltisanti(see where the name of the film comes from;)). So excited:)

Im going next Thursday cant wait its been so long:grin:

the trailers Ive seen it looks brilliant... cant wait to see how the young versions of all the characters work...

you have pretty much summarized it above ...

vue £4.99 as well :cool2:

Sandraoh40 18 Sep 21 11:23 PM

Booked our tickets for Friday night. Can’t wait.

gjdjud 23 Sep 21 10:51 PM

I don’t know if it was just because I wasn’t feeling great and tired but i didn’t enjoy this at all:( Just didn’t think it worked. I hated the younger Silvio, Pussy, Paulie and Junior. Comedy value parodies in my opinion.(one review said think Muppet Babies)I did think Livia was really well done by Vera Farmiga and Micheal Gandolfini did a good job but overall I was disappointed. Will try again one day and hope I just had an off night:(

JoJo88 24 Sep 21 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15148923)
I don’t know if it was just because I wasn’t feeling great and tired but i didn’t enjoy this at all:( Just didn’t think it worked. I hated the younger Silvio, Pussy, Paulie and Junior. Comedy value parodies in my opinion.(one review said think Muppet Babies)I did think Livia was really well done by Vera Farmiga and Micheal Gandolfini did a good job but overall I was disappointed. Will try again one day and hope I just had an off night:(

Oh noooooo :(. We’ve been waiting years for this and will be going to see it when we get the chance. I’m hoping now that my expectations have been lowered, it’ll seem better ;)

novocastrian 24 Sep 21 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15148923)

Jurys out for me after watching it last night... the actual story / pace of the film worked but as you say the young silvio & co didnt really work maybe as we are all so used to them as older guys

junior reminded me of eddie hitler at times , the suit & glasses :confused2:erm::grin:

def think there will be more to come of Tonys rise up the family

and what a #### junior turns out to be

gjdjud 24 Sep 21 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJo88 (Post 15149040)
Oh noooooo :(. We’ve been waiting years for this and will be going to see it when we get the chance. I’m hoping now that my expectations have been lowered, it’ll seem better ;)

I hope you enjoy it. Remember just my view and I'm probably wrong. :)

Rebelrebel 25 Sep 21 09:12 AM

Went to see this on Thursday afternoon and both me and DH were not sure, it felt like a 'nothing' film and what was the point of it, there just didn't seem to be any story to it.

novocastrian 1 Oct 21 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel (Post 15150542)
Went to see this on Thursday afternoon and both me and DH were not sure, it felt like a 'nothing' film and what was the point of it, there just didn't seem to be any story to it.

Can i ask if you has watched the entire 6 (well 7) seasons of the sopranos?

if so you must know how Tony alleged Dickie was killed ... the film is very different in that respect

and also it goes over how Dickie was a massive influence on Tony whilst Jonny Boy was 'away'... culminating in Tony choosing this life

Rebelrebel 1 Oct 21 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novocastrian (Post 15158376)
Can i ask if you has watched the entire 6 (well 7) seasons of the sopranos?

if so you must know how Tony alleged Dickie was killed ... the film is very different in that respect

and also it goes over how Dickie was a massive influence on Tony whilst Jonny Boy was 'away'... culminating in Tony choosing this life

Yes. I saw all the boxset and enjoyed it, finished watching it about 6 months ago. It was nice to see bits that were in the series in the film, like the funfair incident. I did get that the film was showing events that lead Tony into the mafia life but I just would have liked a bit more depth to it but we all enjoy different things :)