theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   December trip cancelled under “ZEN” booking deal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209205)

Big Belle 28 Nov 21 01:12 PM

December trip cancelled under “ZEN” booking deal

Speaking to an agent was fairly easy but heartbreaking having also cancelled 3 attempts at WDW too in the last two years.

The new testing regime and possibly of tighter restrictions are the last straw and I will be making no more attempts to visit The Mouse until this pandemic thing stabilises.

Fingers crossed that my voucher from Air France is straight forward too.

Thankfully The Mouse has agreed to come so see me at Disiney on Ice in Newcastle next month, then I have a date with Belle in January in Sunderland 😂

BB

Tillyfloss 28 Nov 21 02:28 PM

Such a shame.
Today is the final day of my ZEN guarantee, in view of announcements from France tomorrow I called and asked for advice.
Basically, today is my final option to cancel and would lose the flight portion of the package. No extension to ZEN. I asked if borders close tomorrow what would be my options - basically wait and see what DLP decide.

Seems like I’m in the hands of the French 😜

Lola 28 Nov 21 02:33 PM

We too decided no more until hopefully over 🤞

wendy7654 28 Nov 21 02:56 PM

I have emailed magic breaks to cancel our december trip as was going for new year and booked new years eve party. Already got August booked and this will be the 5th attempt for DD birthday who was 18 in first lockdown and will be 20 by the time we get there.

DisneyDandy 28 Nov 21 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss (Post 15227605)
Such a shame.
Today is the final day of my ZEN guarantee, in view of announcements from France tomorrow I called and asked for advice.
Basically, today is my final option to cancel and would lose the flight portion of the package. No extension to ZEN. I asked if borders close tomorrow what would be my options - basically wait and see what DLP decide.

Seems like I’m in the hands of the French 😜

Has it been said France is making further announcements tomorrow? Sorry if i've missed that somewhere - its become an industry in itself keeping up with everything this weekend

LuvFlorida6056 28 Nov 21 06:13 PM

Just had family meeting decided to cancel our DLP Trip for December probably going to try to transfer to March/April time hopefully common sense will prevail by then.
Its our fourth cancellation.
The only good thing don't have to give any money to the criminal testing companies

Lottie2004 28 Nov 21 10:32 PM

Hi, we were due to fly on the 19th Dec - returning late on the 23rd ! We have also decided as a family that due to the testing and the likely hood that results would not be back until after Xmas - we are going to cancel and rebook for August !
We are feeling so disappointed at the moment xxx

LOU LOU DISNEY 28 Nov 21 11:53 PM

I’m still hanging on as don’t go till January. So sad to see cancellations again, but I fear we’ll probably have cancel too.

aj2703 29 Nov 21 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY (Post 15228225)
I’m still hanging on as don’t go till January. So sad to see cancellations again, but I fear we’ll probably have cancel too.

Don't say that. I am there in Jan too :-)

LOU LOU DISNEY 29 Nov 21 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj2703 (Post 15228318)
Don't say that. I am there in Jan too :-)

Oh don’t worry I’ll only be cancelling if France make it impossible to go like test on arrival & quarantine until results or if they go the Spanish route & ban all over 12s that aren’t vaccinated as my daughter only has one jab.
So I’m hanging on a while yet!