theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anyone know of somewhere I could donate lightbulbs to? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1159145)

parisdisneyfan 26 Jan 20 05:41 PM

Anyone know of somewhere I could donate lightbulbs to?

We have just found a large cupboard full of unused lightbulbs of all sorts - hallogen, flourescent tubes, candle types all still in packaging! Dh has checked them over and said they are all old fashioned but still current types but we have either changed the fittings for them already or will be in the near future. It seems such a shame to just take them to the tip so wondered if anyone had any ideas for them - we are in Wiltshire, thanks for any ideas!

Mr Tom Morrow 26 Jan 20 05:49 PM

This is on my local Council's website. Maybe check yours out as they may be able to assist.

Take light bulbs to your local recycling centre or put them in your black bin. Fluorescent tube lighting must be taken to your local recycling centre for disposal.

parisdisneyfan 26 Jan 20 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14259485)
This is on my local Council's website. Maybe check yours out as they may be able to assist.

Take light bulbs to your local recycling centre or put them in your black bin. Fluorescent tube lighting must be taken to your local recycling centre for disposal.

Thanks MrTM, ours says the same but these are unused and just seems such a waste!

Mr Tom Morrow 26 Jan 20 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan (Post 14259496)
Thanks MrTM, ours says the same but these are unused and just seems such a waste!

Difficult. I would sling them if it was me.

What about a Facebook thingy for free collection? I know my Son does that with items he doesn't want. Seems to get rid of stuff quickly.

3disneykids 26 Jan 20 06:09 PM

A charity shop? I know they sell new bulbs unused bulbs .

tiggertastic 26 Jan 20 11:28 PM

I found a box of energy saving bulbs that had been sent to me years ago by the electric provider at the time. Non of them fit in my light fittings so I took them to work with a note saying free to a good home - they all got taken?

RachaelC 26 Jan 20 11:33 PM

Funnily enough I came across a load of old, unused lightbulbs the other day too and I was also wondering what to do with them. Perhaps I'll try my local Freecycle/Freegle - it seems such a waste to put them in landfill

munmun 27 Jan 20 08:08 AM

I also have a large box of lightbulbs from when we changed our whole house to low energy bulbs, no one wants them and at sometime I will bin them but it seems a waste so if you find an outlet please post. Thanks

Picalily 27 Jan 20 10:41 AM

Charity shops take them rather than throw them out.

munmun 27 Jan 20 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picalily (Post 14260369)
Charity shops take them rather than throw them out.

I've checked with the ones round here and they dont want them