theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 4. Massage, Shopping, Burger Craft & Animal Kingdom (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1031255)

scottishnellie 27 Jun 17 05:09 AM

Scottishnellies Sack The Kitchen Trip LIVE - Day 4. Massage, Shopping, Burger Craft & Animal Kingdom

Last night after we had been in the pool and jacuzzi, we all went into the games room and played pool and air hockey for a while. We were still in bed by 11 and I was up at 5:30 as usual. When Kevin got up he made us both a coffee and we sat out beside the pool watching the wildlife. At one point a huge turtle came up out of the lake, up the bank and into the swampy bit opposite but we were too slow to get a pic. Hopefully he will come back. The later this wee family of bids popped by. It is brilliant what you see here! And it is so peaceful. We sat here for well over an hour just chilling.

Got the kids up and organised and we left the villa at 10:15. Today we were headed 14 miles up the US27 to Clermont. First stop was to drop me off for a massage using a groupon I had bought. It was $39 but as I bought it Groupon sent me $10 off, it was only $29.

I had google mapped it and read the reviews before I bought and booked it so knew exactly what to expect but I purposely didn't tell the others. It looks like someone's house from the outside!

As we rolled up Hannah went 'Oh my God. No. Mums going to get kidnapped' Drama much? Anyway as I knew it is a simple wee spa inside with a few treatment rooms and I had booked in with the owner and head masseuse Sandra.

I sent the kids and Kevin off down the road to Aldi while I was in there (showing Hannah how to work and navigate Waze for her dad)

Now I didn't go with them so excuse the lack of photos and info, but Kevin did say everything seemed to be much cheaper than Walmart and Target. He went in for a big pack of water and these odd items

He bought the wee coffee cups as the villa has one of these machines, and we are loving it

They arrived back to get me an hour later. I have to say, the massage was up there among the best I have ever had. Totally stretched everything out and I came out feeling totally chilled. If I had time I would be tempted to go again at the end of the holiday. Sandra was lovely and worked wonders on my neck which I sometimes have issues with.

We headed back down the road to the Clermont shops

We went into Rue 21, Ross Dress for less, Bath & Bodyworks, Sephora in JC Penney and TJ Maxx.

In Rue 21 Hannah got 4 things and I got a wee patterned dress (which was a bargainous $6.49). And Kieran got a Fidget Spinner for $9.99

In Ross I got a Gorgeous Karl Lagerfeld dress for $24.99 – It is gorgeous on

And some shortie PJs

And Hannah got Sports leggings & Undies

Next was Bath & Bodyworks, 6 foaming handsoaps, 2 body lotions, 1 body scrub and 10 hand sanitisers (5 for $6). I know I need WAY more hand sanitisers but Kevin was about fainting as it was, so will get more another day.

In Sephora within JC Penney I had thought I would go nuts but the HD forever foundation I love I can now get in Debenhams Silverburn for £30, so no point paying $43 here. So I only bought 2 Sephora lip stains and a smash box pallet

In TJ Maxx the only thing we bought is running shorts for Hannah that she has been after for ages., She says they are £20 at home but paid $14.99.

By now it had clouded over and started to rain but we were headed to use our other Groupons for lunch anyway. This was a deal for Burger Craft which was right across the road from the shops

I paid $8.75 for each voucher as again I bought them using a discount code on groupon. Each voucher got us 2 already crafted burgers, 1 set of fries and 1 drink.

I had the number 2 (in a bowl so no bap), Kevin had the number 10

And the kids both had number 5s

Everything was yummy, but especially the fries. They were so light but really really crispy on the outside.

It was now 3:45 and the rain had eased off. We drove the 14 miles back down the US27 and headed for Animal Kingdom. I had a FP for Expedition Everest, Navi River Journey and Rvers Of Light at 9pm. I have Flight Of Passage on another day. We arrived at 4:40 and parked up in Peacock 13 so just walked right along to the entrance. Rain was gone and it was getting hot again.

We headed straight to EE to use our FP, and the stand by line was 50m

We all love this ride! It seemed longer than before. It's amazing how you forget!

We were out at 5:10 and strolled round slowly to Pandora as our Navi River Journey FP was for 5:55. Pandora really does look amazing

We passed by Flight Of Passage and the stand by was 115mins, which seemed quite good given I had seen it being 3 hours. I was tempted to Q after Navi but Hannah was feeling the heat and I was scared she might keel over.

We went on Navi at 5:45, abusing the 10 minutes early thing. We liked this well enough as it is very pretty and atmospheric, but for us that is it done and there is no way we would queue 80m for it as stand by was at the time. I suspect after FoP we might be tempted to Q for another go.

When we came off we had a look around and just chilled for a bit, drinking lots of water and having a Mickey Ice cream. Hannah really needed this wee time out and we were not in a rush to fit lots of other rides in given we have another AK day planned in.

We wandered back to Africa for the 7pm showing of Festival Of The Lion King. I LOVE this and am especially fascinated by the tumble monkeys. It was fab as always.

We then strolled back to Asia to queue for another go on EE. It showed 45m and we waited 30 so not bad.

It was now 8:45 so we went in and took our seats for Rivers of light. It started to rain again so we got our Ponchos on. The kids really loved this. I think it must be the first time they have seen a show with the pictures projected onto water and there were quite a lot of exclamations of WOW and LOOK! I enjoyed it too, lovely and colourful. My photos are a bit rubbish as my phone got steamy under my poncho!

Headed home and into villa by 10:15. Kevin was straight into the jacuzzi with his beer while I had a shower and rattled up my TR. Writing this it looks like we did loads, but it was actually a pretty slow paced day.

Tomorrow, Hollywood Studios.

app 27 Jun 17 05:25 AM

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 27 Jun 17 5:25 AM.

Smilesonfaces 27 Jun 17 06:47 AM

You seem to get so much done in a day ! I have to ask... what is the coffee thing ?!

pretty71 27 Jun 17 06:48 AM

Wow you got some incredible bargains...that dress from Ross...fab! Angela xx

Megandllsmum 27 Jun 17 07:18 AM

Fab day again helen and you know I love it when you've been shopping ❤️, love the dress from Ross and who doesn't love a bath and body works haul... glad Kieran got his fidget spinner... Lilly's obsessed with them too. Massage sounded good and the burgers look fantastic.
Love the expedition Everest photo and the avatar area looks ace.
Have a great day today x

WileyCoyote 27 Jun 17 07:21 AM

Fab day, great pace and love the shopping bargains. Shame about the rain but glad it didn't spoil the evening.

JenD1 27 Jun 17 07:28 AM

Great shopping hall. Opinion on ROL? Not got FP so not sure whether to do.:wavey:

LuvPluto 27 Jun 17 08:00 AM

Lovely relaxed day but still packed lots in. Some fab shopping bargains.

Gryff 27 Jun 17 08:21 AM

Another full day some great bargins

Jake71 27 Jun 17 09:00 AM

A lovely relaxed day, I'd never think of going for a massage while over there, sounds like a really nice way to spend an hour or so. I've never seen Avatar so the new area in Animal Kingdom isn't really calling out to me at all. I love Festival of the Lion King too, it is fantastic, I enjoy it more than I enjoyed the stage show!