theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Coronado Springs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128955)

LOU LOU DISNEY 16 May 19 02:44 PM

Coronado Springs

Looking into staying here for next year, any feedback would be great 👍🏻

jwkav10 16 May 19 05:00 PM

Stopped there last April - have booked to go back next May!

Making this simple:

Pros:
Rooms are fantastic - the best moderate rooms from what I've seen so far.
Resort is beautiful, especially with the lake.
Bus service was really reliable last time I visited, plus there are 4 stops so not like you are in one massive line at the stop or having to walk for ages to get to it.
Pool is great, lots of space, lots of sunbeds.
New lake bar will be a fantastic addition and the bridges will cut down walking distances.
Relatively close to all parks. Bus journeys only ever took 12-15 mins tops for Magic Kingdom and we're 5-6 minutes for everywhere else.
Theme/feel is fantastic, and not as in your face Disney like a Pop or a AoA for example. I find it a little more adult.

Cons:
Resort is HUGE - If you're towards the back it's easily a good 10 minute walk/half a mile to the front. Should be made easier with the bridges however.
All the dining is at the front of the resort (other than the pool bar which is central but doesn't have a great selection). But means if you want to fill your resort mug at 9pm at night it could be a bit of a walk to the front...
Coranado has a huge convention centre. Although it didn't effect us too much last time I have heard stories of the food court being busy at time.

Things to consider:

With the new tower building, the increase in rooms will no doubt have an impact on the amenities. No-one knows how yet with the Tower not opening until July but it will be interesting.

Overall - We had a fantastic time, and after careful consideration of whether to book CBR or pay slightly more at POFW, we decided that we really enjoyed Coronado and would definitely recommend it.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other q's or want me to expand!

LOU LOU DISNEY 16 May 19 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwkav10 (Post 13847598)

Making this simple:

Pros:
Bus service was really reliable last time I visited, plus there are 4 stops so not like you are in one massive line at the stop or having to walk for ages to get to it.
New lake bar will be a fantastic addition and the bridges will cut down walking distances.
Relatively close to all parks. Bus journeys only ever took 12-15 mins tops for Magic Kingdom and we're 5-6 minutes for everywhere else.
Theme/feel is fantastic, and not as in your face Disney like a Pop or a AoA for example. I find it a little more adult.

Cons:
Resort is HUGE - If you're towards the back it's easily a good 10 minute walk/half a mile to the front. Should be made easier with the bridges however.
All the dining is at the front of the resort (other than the pool bar which is central but doesn't have a great selection). But means if you want to fill your resort mug at 9pm at night it could be a bit of a walk to the front...
Coranado has a huge convention centre. Although it didn't effect us too much last time I have heard stories of the food court being busy at time.

Things to consider:

With the new tower building, the increase in rooms will no doubt have an impact on the amenities. No-one knows how yet with the Tower not opening until July but it will be interesting.

Overall - We had a fantastic time, and after careful consideration of whether to book CBR or pay slightly more at POFW, we decided that we really enjoyed Coronado and would definitely recommend it.

Wow! Thanks so much for this info, it’s one resort I know nothing about & rarely see it on here too. It’s definitely coming out as the cheapest moderate so was wondering it there was building work going on. Haven't been in 4 years so I feel like I’m out of the loop a bit! But this is great I would definitely stay here now based on this review. Which area is best to request? We’ll be going end of June next year, was gonna go with POR or CBR but they’re more expensive.

Burgmeister 17 May 19 08:47 AM

We are going in July this year. I have read that people often recommend the Casitas area. That is what we have asked for - I just hope we manage to get it!

disney332 17 May 19 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgmeister (Post 13848593)
We are going in July this year. I have read that people often recommend the Casitas area. That is what we have asked for - I just hope we manage to get it!

With the new bridges across the lake, the advantage of casitas is much lessened.

Disney332

Burgmeister 17 May 19 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney332 (Post 13848607)
With the new bridges across the lake, the advantage of casitas is much lessened.

Disney332

Probably, although, presumably the other areas are still further away from the food court than Casitas?

Another benefit of Casitas would be lessened if they alter the bus routes when the new reception area opens. Don't know whether it will happen but there is some conjecture around it.

LOU LOU DISNEY 17 May 19 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgmeister (Post 13848593)

Have a great time! Please report back with info & how you liked it, thanks a million!

Guest 17 May 19 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwkav10 (Post 13847598)

Making this simple:

Pros:

Cons:

Things to consider:

Great post. We have just booked this resort for 2020, never visited it before but I have booked a dinner there for this years trip to take a peek. We have a Grand Destino Tower room, didn’t know it was new, is it a good location, I can’t find it in my map.

teachx 17 May 19 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 13848842)
Great post. We have just booked this resort for 2020, never visited it before but I have booked a dinner there for this years trip to take a peek. We have a Grand Destino Tower room, didn’t know it was new, is it a good location, I can’t find it in my map.

It's right next to El Centro, sits on the lakeside between there and the Cabanas area

Guest 17 May 19 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachx (Post 13848848)
It's right next to El Centro, sits on the lakeside between there and the Cabanas area

Thank you. It is indeed still a field on my map. :)