theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is Black Friday really that good? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1153761)

Sandra & co 28 Nov 19 10:20 PM

Is Black Friday really that good?

I was waiting for flights to Toronto and Munich, BA have a sale and the flights haven’t gone down, can’t see any deals on switch games! Was waiting to get a blue ray Marvel Box set, still the same price. I know it’s tomorrow but has anyone got really good deals this week? :confused2

mickey house 28 Nov 19 10:34 PM

It's definitely good and not a gimmick that sucks some people in to buying things they don't need or can't afford.

Earlier today I bought a Ferrari 458 for £16.99. They usually sell for £222,494, so it goes to prove how good Black Friday is.

Sandra & co 28 Nov 19 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey house (Post 14188360)
It's definitely good and not a gimmick that sucks some people in to buying things they don't need or can't afford.

Earlier today I bought a Ferrari 458 for £16.99. They usually sell for £222,494, so it goes to prove how good Black Friday is.

Yay that’s the sort of bargain I need, my dh is looking for a car, he smashed ours up and we are driving around in a white van.😬 I wanted flights at least, BA sale where is the sale? 🤷

Rac20 28 Nov 19 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 14188383)
Yay that’s the sort of bargain I need, my dh is looking for a car, he smashed ours up and we are driving around in a white van.😬 I wanted flights at least, BA sale where is the sale? 🤷

Boxing Day sale maybe? 🤞🏻

braby 29 Nov 19 07:26 AM

Haven't really looked this year, last year I found some good deals actually on black friday, all the so called "deals" in the run up to black friday were anything but deals.

Frankie & gang 29 Nov 19 07:59 AM

I’d say no! Been tracking Sept flights to New York with Virgin. £33 reduction not very impressed! Gonna hold my nerve for the Christmas sale

Scaramouche 29 Nov 19 09:23 AM

I’ve managed to do all my Christmas and birthday shopping for my OH in two hours online last night. Everything that I wanted and saved £95 in total. We also bought an echodot earlier this week and saved £28.

In some eyes they aren’t massive sayings, but we only buy what we need/we’re going to get anyway so it’s worked out for us :)

Sunnydays 29 Nov 19 09:28 AM

I just bought 4 prints been eyeing up for a while on weloveprints and saved! £89 got free delivery on a few things as well on wayfair so for me as along as you are buying something you want it is good.

I can see how people get sucked in though and some deals are not really deals!

JoJo88 29 Nov 19 09:34 AM

Yes, it is good if there’s things you actually want that are then reduced for Black Friday. I completely forgot to wait with one order I put in last week. Today they’re offering 25% off :blush::blush:

LLamb 29 Nov 19 09:38 AM

I think as long as you only get what you need and now how much those items were before.

I got two switch joy cons and a game from very for £58. The controllers are £65 on their own. Used the new account code and saved £50. Very happy with that.

Plus got lots of other bits and pieces and saved £5-10 each. Mostly Christmas presents that I would be buying anyway.
£30 off an iPad that I wanted anyway.

I think overall I’ve probably saved about £150-200.

As above, I think it’s easy For people to get sucked into buying loads.