theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Anybody TC flying home from MCO to Gatwick 28th Sept? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1147430)

Marsellas187 28 Sep 19 03:31 AM

Anybody TC flying home from MCO to Gatwick 28th Sept?

Just wondering as I see the new details for the replacement flight which looks like a Virgin flight but can't find any reference to the new code VS2819 anywhere apart from an Atlanta flight.

richthe4th 28 Sep 19 04:16 AM

Yes we are and have done the same. Searched online but can’t find anything more out. It showed the other day as another flight then changed to VS? Can’t even find out what aircraft it is to see how many seats etc.

Happyholigays 28 Sep 19 10:13 AM

It's a Virgin flight - google flight vs28 and it should come up. Also double check the time on the MCO departures website as I think it's an hour earlier than scheduled on the CAA website. I was doing some googling yesterday by the pool trying to work it all out! Hope this helps!

Happyholigays 28 Sep 19 11:23 AM

Ok! I just checked the departures again and now it's saying theres a omni intl flight with VS2819 (which is the wrong code for a omni flight) ans the wrong flight time for us. There is also a virgin vs28 flight at a different time. Then a virgin flight at the same time as the CAA stated but a different flight number. So I honestly have no idea now sorryyy

Peandpi 28 Sep 19 11:43 AM

We were on a replacement virgin flight on Wednesday. We were meant to fly into Gatwick but ended up at Manchester airport. We were paired with a Manchester bound flight that day and the seating plan for that flight can be found under the Boeing 747-400 section on their website. Lots of special circumstances on that specific flight but hopefully this can help.

Kelly1234 28 Sep 19 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peandpi (Post 14098771)
We were on a replacement virgin flight on Wednesday. We were meant to fly into Gatwick but ended up at Manchester airport. We were paired with a Manchester bound flight that day and the seating plan for that flight can be found under the Boeing 747-400 section on their website. Lots of special circumstances on that specific flight but hopefully this can help.

Can I ask how they decide who sits where? Can you ask for 2 seats together?

Marsellas187 28 Sep 19 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyholigays (Post 14098749)
Ok! I just checked the departures again and now it's saying theres a omni intl flight with VS2819 (which is the wrong code for a omni flight) ans the wrong flight time for us. There is also a virgin vs28 flight at a different time. Then a virgin flight at the same time as the CAA stated but a different flight number. So I honestly have no idea now sorryyy

Thanks, this is all so confusing, Magical Express is picking us up at 14:30 but seems this may be a little late if the flight could be an hour earlier.

Marsellas187 28 Sep 19 01:45 PM

I see it now as Omni Air too at 18:00 so who knows, I think VS28 is the usual Virgin scheduled flight, not ours.

bighal 28 Sep 19 01:55 PM

All the TC repatriation will usually have the original numbers from the MT flight but the operation code will change to the new airline operating your flight. ie original Flight MT1234 will become VS1234 if its operated by Virgin.

The operating airline can also change at the last minute so you may see a couple of flights going at the same time with identical number but different letters.

These flight won't appear on the operating airlines websites and its usually first come first served for seat allocation at check in which will be at the airport.

Marsellas187 28 Sep 19 04:09 PM

A Virgin flight has just appeared for 18:40 with a flight code that doesn't show on their website so could be that VS1405