theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Thread for those waiting to book 2022 Spring/Summer Season (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1191832)

Enchanted 29 Mar 21 10:54 AM

Thread for those waiting to book 2022 Spring/Summer Season

We were booked for September 2021 but cancelled due to all the restrictions and all the things closed atm.

We're hoping to rebook for May 2022.
Is anyone else waiting for this season to be released?
Who are you? What's your plans? :)

I thought it might be nice to have a positive planning thread.

I went to DLP for the first time in May 2019 after 30yrs of visiting Florida and was surprised at how much I loved it, so much in fact that we went again in December 2019 too.

DH visited the year it opened with a school trip and then not again until we went in 2019.

DS (3) went in May 2019 at 18mths and then again in December 2019 for his 2nd Birthday. He remembers it all and asks daily to go back over a year later. His favourite rides were Buzz, Teacups, Small World, Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

DD (8wks) was born in lockdown last month and so hasn't even met anyone never mind been anywhere!

We're hoping to go in May 2022 when DS will be 4 and DD will be 15mths.
We live in North East England but are considering driving down. Ideally we'd love to do Harry Potter Studios on the way and also a night in Paris as DS would love both.

We originally booked NPB as got free half board and €100 gift card so hoping for a similar deal but also love the look of the theming at Cheyenne. Previous trips were at Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge and loved them both. Looking to stay Monday-Friday.

sliveredge 29 Mar 21 02:21 PM

We are waiting to move our current booking, due to go 26th July this year for 4 nights, been told currently can move same deal (same as your free half board and 100Euro card) to any dates until end of Feb next year other than over xmas break.

We was tempted with February half term but the davy ranch is now seasonal and not open at that time of year so would have to fully cancel, lose the offer and stay in NPB (family of 6 going 2 adults and 4 kids) at double the price of current deal and lose the food.

Hoping to move it to same week next year when the dates are released or to Easter break next April.

EDIT - just been on the disney chat and they are hoping to have next years offers out in April

Lisa_Lollipop 29 Mar 21 02:48 PM

We had our September 2020 trip moved to December 2020... both of course didn't happen! We now have a new baby arriving in September this year so holding off re-booking with the hope of now going May 2022... so very much eagerly awaiting for this date to be released!

Congratulations on the new baby Enchanted... I bet you can't wait to introduce little one to the Disney magic!

Enchanted 29 Mar 21 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliveredge (Post 14900250)
We are waiting to move our current booking, due to go 26th July this year for 4 nights, been told currently can move same deal (same as your free half board and 100Euro card) to any dates until end of Feb next year other than over xmas break.

We was tempted with February half term but the davy ranch is now seasonal and not open at that time of year so would have to fully cancel, lose the offer and stay in NPB (family of 6 going 2 adults and 4 kids) at double the price of current deal and lose the food.

Hoping to move it to same week next year when the dates are released or to Easter break next April.

EDIT - just been on the disney chat and they are hoping to have next years offers out in April

Oooh fingers crossed there's going to be some good offers released soon then. April would be good to get booked and have something to look forward to.
I didn't realise I could have changed dates and kept my deal, hoping there's some other offers or we'll have to consider offsite.

Enchanted 29 Mar 21 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop (Post 14900287)
We had our September 2020 trip moved to December 2020... both of course didn't happen! We now have a new baby arriving in September this year so holding off re-booking with the hope of now going May 2022... so very much eagerly awaiting for this date to be released!

Congratulations on the new baby Enchanted... I bet you can't wait to introduce little one to the Disney magic!

Eeeeh congratulations Lisa, lovely news, how exciting for you all and hopefully lockdown will be a distant memory when your little one arrives xx

Thank you, she's an absolute little darling and Thomas adores her. I can't wait to take her to Disney but really didn't want to wear masks 24/7 and also want to see the castle/fireworks etc when it's such a special visit.
We've booked Menorca for September instead 🤞🤞🤞

Oooh I might see you in DLP next May then, with your smiley little blondie Charlie and his new baby and our smiley little blondie Thomas and his new baby sister ❤ 💕

Happier times to look forward to xx

mlu1301 19 Apr 21 04:40 PM

I've booked for Dec 21 hoping to go then. I did speak to a lady at customer service last week who told me to keep an eye out for dining offers etc as she thought there was something coming at the end of April/May.. I keep watching to see if I can amend my booking :) fingers crossed x

Mrs Valentine 19 Apr 21 05:20 PM

We want to go Oct 2022 but i'm really hesitating on booking. Disney has taken so much of the good stuff away like Magical Exp. F/P's, EMH etc. that i'm not sure its worth it. I do not want to go wearing a mask either so am thinking I wont book until things are more or less back to normal. I just can't be bothered to book and then if it all goes pear shaped, get swaps or refunds - i've done that with three holidays from last year and i'm sick of all the 'trying to get your money back' from everyone.

kk20 19 Apr 21 09:25 PM

going by the pricing this year, we are looking at another Japan trip. since we have a good idea how we get around and what we want to do we can be a little leaner.

unless DLP starys having offers again we will relegate DLP to a visit when we are foing other things in France.

Enchanted 20 Apr 21 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlu1301 (Post 14928902)
I've booked for Dec 21 hoping to go then. I did speak to a lady at customer service last week who told me to keep an eye out for dining offers etc as she thought there was something coming at the end of April/May.. I keep watching to see if I can amend my booking :) fingers crossed x

Ooh that sounds positive! Will keep everything crossed for some good deals... I'm desperate to get booked again xx

Enchanted 20 Apr 21 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine (Post 14928926)
We want to go Oct 2022 but i'm really hesitating on booking. Disney has taken so much of the good stuff away like Magical Exp. F/P's, EMH etc. that i'm not sure its worth it. I do not want to go wearing a mask either so am thinking I wont book until things are more or less back to normal. I just can't be bothered to book and then if it all goes pear shaped, get swaps or refunds - i've done that with three holidays from last year and i'm sick of all the 'trying to get your money back' from everyone.

Yeah it can be frustrating. I must say though DLP were exceptionally easy to get a refund from. I did online chat... said I'd like a refund, gave booking reference and had the money back 2 days later. Means I'd definitely book again.