theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Oops! Booked a Disney Cruise! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1124059)

1972 15 Apr 19 11:12 PM

Oops! Booked a Disney Cruise!

We had a placeholder booked for August for a 7 night Caribbean.

We were going to hold it until next year as we are in Florida this year, but are limited on time as we have to wait until after A Level results and be back in time for our youngest to go back to school.

We considered doing the 7 nights, but this would not given us much time in the parks.

So up until lunchtime today, we were flying to Fort Lauderdale and heading to the Keys, before going up to Orlando to stay on site. Then a cruise was mentioned by our youngest and my husband looked and saw there was a 3 night cruise on the Dream which came back on the day we are due to fly home.

It didn't take us long to decide that we were happy to knock the Keys on the head and do a Disney holiday and tag a cruise on the end of it!

We have been on longer Disney cruises, so know that this is going to feel very short, but we thought that any Disney cruise is better than no Disney cruise!

So now looking forward to a lovely family holiday before our eldest goes off to University!

minnie29 15 Apr 19 11:15 PM

Fantastic! We just got back from our 3 night cruise on the Dream - I absolutely loved it, going to try and do a week next year. I would definitely do a 3 night one again though :)
Enjoy! X

dippiedawnie 15 Apr 19 11:38 PM

We love that short cruise on the Dream. Just enough time to rest the feet from all the walking. 😀

-kat- 16 Apr 19 12:56 PM

Good on you! It's so nice to have a magical trip before the kids head of to Uni.
We just booked an impromptu 3 night cruise too as our daughter will be going to Uni next year and life's just too short not to grab adventures when ever possible :grin:. We did our first ever 4 night one last October and loved it so much more than we ever imagined possible! Honestly never thought we'd book anything less than the 4 nights tbh, however when thinking about booking Universal tickets for 3 days, and adding a dessert party etc we realised that we'd much rather just spend 3 nights chilling out completely on the Dream in the Bahamas :tongue:...especially as Galaxies Edge being open will inevitably make things even busier...can't wait!

1972 16 Apr 19 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie29 (Post 13786700)
Fantastic! We just got back from our 3 night cruise on the Dream - I absolutely loved it, going to try and do a week next year. I would definitely do a 3 night one again though :)
Enjoy! X

Just love it!

1972 16 Apr 19 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie (Post 13786717)
We love that short cruise on the Dream. Just enough time to rest the feet from all the walking. 😀

That's the plan 😀

1972 16 Apr 19 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -kat- (Post 13787535)
Good on you! It's so nice to have a magical trip before the kids head of to Uni.
We just booked an impromptu 3 night cruise too as our daughter will be going to Uni next year and life's just too short not to grab adventures when ever possible :grin:. We did our first ever 4 night one last October and loved it so much more than we ever imagined possible! Honestly never thought we'd book anything less than the 4 nights tbh, however when thinking about booking Universal tickets for 3 days, and adding a dessert party etc we realised that we'd much rather just spend 3 nights chilling out completely on the Dream in the Bahamas :tongue:...especially as Galaxies Edge being open will inevitably make things even busier...can't wait!

Yes we thought about going to Universal, but when we priced it all up, 3 nights on the Dream was much more appealing!

It will be such a nice time to relax together at the end of the holiday before our daughter goes to Uni (which I am dreading!)

We plan to go to Galaxies Edge the day before the cruise (the day it opens 😱😱😱😱) and then relax on the cruise.

-kat- 16 Apr 19 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972 (Post 13788122)
Yes we thought about going to Universal, but when we priced it all up, 3 nights on the Dream was much more appealing!

It will be such a nice time to relax together at the end of the holiday before our daughter goes to Uni (which I am dreading!)

We plan to go to Galaxies Edge the day before the cruise (the day it opens 😱😱😱😱) and then relax on the cruise.

Oaft! You’ll defo need the rest after Galaxies Edge opening day 😱... you should maybe even consider a nice wee mother/daughter massage on the Dream 😀...magical memories made!

Awe, and try not to dread the Uni move too much, it’s not so bad. My eldest is currently in Toronto Uni finishing his 3rd year, and it’s honestly flown by! Like you, I was dreading him going, and there were definitely a few watery eyed moments but I hung onto to the ‘exciting new chapter’ feeling as much as I could. It’s true that it brings lots of changes but it’s good positive changes and I guess that’s what makes all the wonderful, magical memories even more important! Its lovely to see how the memories made during special times together help to keep our kids close and grounded but also help them to have the confidence to fly 🙂.

Super exciting times ahead for you guys x

1972 16 Apr 19 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -kat- (Post 13788396)
Oaft! You’ll defo need the rest after Galaxies Edge opening day 😱... you should maybe even consider a nice wee mother/daughter massage on the Dream 😀...magical memories made!

Awe, and try not to dread the Uni move too much, it’s not so bad. My eldest is currently in Toronto Uni finishing his 3rd year, and it’s honestly flown by! Like you, I was dreading him going, and there were definitely a few watery eyed moments but I hung onto to the ‘exciting new chapter’ feeling as much as I could. It’s true that it brings lots of changes but it’s good positive changes and I guess that’s what makes all the wonderful, magical memories even more important! Its lovely to see how the memories made during special times together help to keep our kids close and grounded but also help them to have the confidence to fly 🙂.

Super exciting times ahead for you guys x

Thank you for your lovely reply.

I am so excited for her and the next minute I am in tears at the thought of it.

Thankfully, someone started a thread on her here last year about her daughter looking around at universities and so many people commented in the last year there has been so much support between us. I think it will carry on as they do their exams and start uni.

Toronto - how exciting! We went there last October and loved it and the university my daughter is going to does placements there. She is interested in that!

-kat- 17 Apr 19 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972 (Post 13788746)
Thank you for your lovely reply.

I am so excited for her and the next minute I am in tears at the thought of it.

Thankfully, someone started a thread on her here last year about her daughter looking around at universities and so many people commented in the last year there has been so much support between us. I think it will carry on as they do their exams and start uni.

Toronto - how exciting! We went there last October and loved it and the university my daughter is going to does placements there. She is interested in that!

Awe that’s great that you have lots of support on here from people in the same situation, it helps a lot to not feel so alone!

And yeah the study abroad thing was a major factor for my son in choosing which Uni to go to. He was always very keen to have that option for 3rd year. He’s loved it, but has also felt the pressure of the work load at the same time. He goes to St. Andrews here so it’s very different to UoT but he’s enjoyed the challenge and has had some amazing opportunities so it’s all good! I’m sure you’re daughter will love her Uni adventure 🙂