theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   One week trip at two weeks notice - Travel Home (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1096857)

The A team 26 Aug 18 05:10 PM

One week trip at two weeks notice - Travel Home

Travel home and Future Plans

There won’t be much in the report today, as it was rather uneventful, so I will add some info in about our plans for next year too.

Having looked at the weather forecast, we had decided to not go anywhere in the morning and just to take our time packing up and check out as late as possible. We did exactly this, turning the cleaners away twice, each time informing them that we would be leaving at check out time and not before.

We made sure all electrical devices were charged and all cases were under weight limits and left just before 11. The journey to the airport was fine, we stopped at Chick-fil-A on the way which Amelia was really excited about as loads of the families she watches on you tube go there! It was nice enough for fast food, although neither Amelia or Niamh ate much, they don’t travel well.

We dropped off the car with no problems and were soon checked in and through security, there was a very boring wait post security as there is very little to do in Sanford. We boarded on time and were seated towards the back (Dave was in the very last row, we were across the aisle with one row behind us). The journey was fine until the last 2 hours, where Amelia felt ill. She was sick a couple of times coming in for landing, but Niamh was fine this time. Despite not feeling great, she battled on through security and bag collection, we then had to make one emergency stop on the way home.

Having flown from Bristol, we were home by 10/1030 so we all headed to bed until 12 as none of us had slept on the plane.

And that ends our trip for 2018.

Future Plans

Our plans for 2019 have grown and we are adding in a bit of a road trip prior to Orlando, at the moment are

2 nights in Washington DC – White House, Capitol Building, Mall, Arlington etc
1 night in Roanoke – just as a stop over on our way to
3 nights in a cabin near Asheville (I cannot wait for this bit), we will be zip lining, driving the blue ridge parkway and hopefully hiking Chimney Rock.
1 night in Savannah
6 nights at WDW in Polynesian
7 nights in a Dibb Villa (Hibiscus Ridge) can’t wait to chill out here after a busy two weeks, it looks so beautiful.

We then aim to fly back from either New York or Boston after an overnight stay so that we can fly on a day flight to see if it helps Amelia’s sickness and with the drive home from London.

Thank you to all who have followed and commented, I’m hoping to try and do another report for our road trip and split stay as it’s a great way to remember it all.

mick 26 Aug 18 09:32 PM

Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie :spin: it was a really good week for you all.
I really enjoyed reading along.

And your next trip sounds fantastic :d:

Joan :wave:

anna68 27 Aug 18 09:16 AM

Great report. Wow you have a lot planned for next trip. You will need your week chill out villa! How old are the girls?

OB1LukeLucas 1 Oct 18 07:00 PM

Thanks for sharing your trip, it’s so lovely to have an unexpected holiday. You sound like you had a great week, I wondered if you would stick with the Poly. Your plans for next year look great.

orlandoN21 1 Oct 18 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The A team (Post 13451849)
Future Plans

2 nights in Washington DC – White House, Capitol Building, Mall, Arlington etc

I would also try and do the Pentagon Tour. I did it in March and it was so interesting and emotional. You have to apply and submit your passport details at least 3 months before you intend to go.

slow.jo 3 Oct 18 01:18 PM

Wow your 2019 plans sound amazing!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip :)

Jo xx

FLAFantastic 3 Oct 18 04:49 PM

That 2019 itinerary looks amazing!

Room in your luggage?!

AnnMarie