theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Caribbean Beach Resort Update Information (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1065851)

SMAX 13 Feb 18 09:32 AM

Official Caribbean Beach Resort Update Information

1 Attachment(s)
inline imageDisney have asked theDIBB to make this post as there is a lot of misinformation being posted on various sites about the work being carried out at CBR. This is the official information from Disney themselves.

Through Fall 2018

Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar, Goombay Games Arcade and Calypso Trading Post are unavailable

There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Centertown, a dining location, will serve an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet for breakfast and dinner, and a la carte options for lunch.
  • A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets, located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
  • Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.
  • In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
  • Disney dining plans will be accepted.
  • We will make every effort to assist with dietary needs.

The feature pool (Fuentes del Morro Pool), leisure pools, recreation activities and entertainment will remain available.

In addition to the amenities unavailable at Old Port Royale, buildings within the Martinique and Barbados regions of the Resort are unavailable to Guests.

During this time, multiple construction projects will be seen and heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.

Ongoing until further notice.

Disney Skyliner
We have embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird's-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas. During this time, multiple construction projects will be seen and heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.

General Construction
During this time, multiple construction projects will be seen and heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.

Opening Spring 2018

Spyglass Grill
Spyglass Grill, located in Trinidad South, will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrées, sandwiches, salads, tacos and refreshing beverages.

junpit 13 Feb 18 12:49 PM

As people are discussing 2019 at the moment, its a pity they didn't elaborate when construction will be completed on the gondola system.

-D

stormflm595 13 Feb 18 12:59 PM

Hmmmm confusing.

I was told very recently by a cast member when I rang to pay some more of that Port Royale would be open by November. What does Fall 2018 mean? End of November?

YorkshireT 13 Feb 18 03:25 PM

I wonder if Disney have teams looking at postings on Disney forums?

Nimbus 13 Feb 18 09:44 PM

The problem with Disney’s “official information” is that it’s typically lacking in any detail, especially regarding dates.

As mentioned a couple of posts above, what does “Fall 2018” actually mean? Beginning of September? Mid December? Sometime inbetween? Considering Disney had previously stated that OPR would reopen in Summer 2018, then those visiting in Sept/Oct/Nov are going to be disappointed. Hopefuly Disney are compensating them.

And “until further notice” is even more vague. Again, originally Disney said the Skyliner construction would continue until 2019. Is it now continuing beyond that?

Otherwise, I think what was being discussed in the humongous CBR thread here on the Dibb generally agrees with this official information (including the vagueness).

VickieMH 13 Feb 18 10:46 PM

I’m due to go in April. I stayed in AKL last time and I’m not looking forward to this trip as much as usual. Trip advisor reports aren’t great. Ive also been waiting for tickets from Florida escapes. They reckon there’s a delay ! Never had this from Florida tix 😳

Floridasun 13 Feb 18 11:11 PM

Very glad to see they are finally using the word construction and not just refurbishment. Also glad to see they are confirming they are not putting people in Martinique as I have been trying to get them to confirm this to me for my stay in May. Hopefully the new Spyglass grille will be open for our stay but we have hired a car for the whole trip now so we can pop to nearby hotel food courts if we need to. I'll update you all once we are there. Hopefully to tell you all is fine.

YorkshireT 14 Feb 18 03:09 AM

Over on another forum the complaints of people staying there seem to be getting louder. It looks like some Americans have been getting $75 a night gifcard deals but they are not happy still.

Guest 14 Feb 18 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 13071791)
I wonder if Disney have teams looking at postings on Disney forums?

We know all too well that they do. We criticised 40th celebrations at WDW (the cupcake fiasco) on The DIBBcast. They weren't over happy about it.

Nice to get some info on CBR from the Mouse's mouth. Disney are always vague with completion dates though. It's their thing.

Disney2019 14 Feb 18 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridasun (Post 13072729)
Very glad to see they are finally using the word construction and not just refurbishment. Also glad to see they are confirming they are not putting people in Martinique as I have been trying to get them to confirm this to me for my stay in May. Hopefully the new Spyglass grille will be open for our stay but we have hired a car for the whole trip now so we can pop to nearby hotel food courts if we need to. I'll update you all once we are there. Hopefully to tell you all is fine.

Is it all of Martinique, or just some of it, it's not clear.