theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Multiple Magic Bands (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129628)

AndyA06 21 May 19 11:53 AM

Multiple Magic Bands

We went to WDW last year so each have a magic band that we used, we go next year so will have a new one each as well.

Will the tickets and FP+ be linked to both magic bands for each person or will it just be linked to the latest one? Just wondering whether we could take the old ones as spares.

bighal 21 May 19 11:58 AM

As tickets etc are linked to your MDE account then any prior magic bands also linked will work as long as they are showing as active in MDE.

Belle1989 21 May 19 01:59 PM

Just be careful as I believe the battery in the long distance reader part of the magic band does not last as long as the NFC (used to unlock your resort door etc). This means that on older bands you may have an issue with ride photos. I'm planning on using our old ones on water park days and pool day when this will not be a concern (and I'll be less upset if we loose the old ones!).

AndyA06 21 May 19 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle1989 (Post 13857650)
Just be careful as I believe the battery in the long distance reader part of the magic band does not last as long as the NFC (used to unlock your resort door etc). This means that on older bands you may have an issue with ride photos. I'm planning on using our old ones on water park days and pool day when this will not be a concern (and I'll be less upset if we loose the old ones!).

That was pretty much my thinking. Last year at Typhoon Lagoon when that monster wave his I nearly lost it about 3 times so I figure I'll have my old one for that and my new (upgraded one :grin:) for regular park days.

r2001uk 16 Sep 19 12:41 PM

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but it's better than making a new one.

Am I correct in understanding, then, that if I was to take advantage of the discounted magicband upgrades on MDE (8 days left to order for us) and then we get out there and I find a band I like even more, they will both work at the same time, allowing me to wear a different one each day for example?

scottsman 17 Sep 19 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2001uk (Post 14075379)

Am I correct in understanding, then, that if I was to take advantage of the discounted magicband upgrades on MDE (8 days left to order for us) and then we get out there and I find a band I like even more, they will both work at the same time, allowing me to wear a different one each day for example?

At worst they make great keepsakes and gives you options to match whatever outfit your wearing

As long as you haven't deactivated them they will all still work

sha9 17 Sep 19 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2001uk (Post 14075379)

Yes, you can have as many as you like. The CM checking us in couldn’t find our pre ordered MBs so have us random ones. We then came back to our room the next day to find our original MBs. We now have 2 sets from this year, last years, the year before etc! I use last years in the car for getting the barrier open.

r2001uk 17 Sep 19 03:10 PM

Thanks both :D