theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Using cc for everything inc tips instead of cash? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129338)

Ricky_Spanish 19 May 19 01:59 PM

Using cc for everything inc tips instead of cash?

We go in Aug for 2 weeks and I was thinking of taking around $1k in cash. We are onsite with dining plan. If possible I would rather just use my cc for everything including tips. Is this possible or are there instances where cash is the only option? If cc is possible for most things how much cash is recommended?

vampiress88 19 May 19 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish (Post 13853659)
We go in Aug for 2 weeks and I was thinking of taking around $1k in cash. We are onsite with dining plan. If possible I would rather just use my cc for everything including tips. Is this possible or are there instances where cash is the only option? If cc is possible for most things how much cash is recommended?

No idea but we are offsite and have only got $1000 everything else on credit card

choccielover 19 May 19 02:41 PM

We went one year with $125 in cash and came back with most of it.

CC are accepted most places, I think it was ice creams and pressed pennies that we used our cash on

Joshie1 19 May 19 02:42 PM

I use my cc at home for practically everything and do the same in Florida.

scojos 19 May 19 02:44 PM

Charge to room... pay with cc?

mouli1 19 May 19 02:45 PM

I prefer not to use it for petrol or tips. I always make it clear to the server that I will leave the tip on cash if I pay with a cc .

Bozza 19 May 19 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choccielover (Post 13853743)
We went one year with $125 in cash and came back with most of it.

CC are accepted most places, I think it was ice creams and pressed pennies that we used our cash on

That's us every trip too. For Disney we just use our magicbands which are linked to my credit card. The bill just accrues and when it reaches a certain level they automatically debit my card and the process repeats.

When offsite we also just use the card.

There really is nothing more convenient than a single piece of plastic.

Ricky_Spanish 19 May 19 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scojos (Post 13853749)
Charge to room... pay with cc?

Will this work for tips? Will they take the main bill from ddp and then 20%? tip from cc?

duchy 19 May 19 02:47 PM

Yes eating onsite including tips , shopping in the parks and resorts all can be charged back to your room.
Aside from tipping bell services for humping my luggage and buying bubble machines on Main Street I didn't touch my cash at all when staying onsite. Everything went on the Magic Band.

Mickie 19 May 19 03:07 PM

I usually only take $100-$200 and usually come back with almost all of it. So you really don’t need much and can put it all in a credit card either directly or via room charge tips and all