theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Cowboy Cookout Tea Party. I'd highly recommend it! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=517029)

akv2010 3 Jun 11 08:31 AM

Cowboy Cookout Tea Party. I'd highly recommend it!

Came back yesterday and would HIGHLY recommend the Character Tea Party at the Cowboy Cookout.

It starts at 4.30 and lasts an hour and a half. The characters come out and go for breaks but around 5.30 the live singers leave and a lot of people leave thinking it is the end - but the characters come out again and we got them to ourselves with 5 other families. :D

Well worth the £15 each ticket. It was just desserts and sweets which the kids thought was hysterical (what, sweets, for tea? ) but it was nice to get some time away from the madness as they do not seem to fill the place and the characters come over loads of times and they dance with the kids to the muisic.

To start there was a real scramble for the characters but everyone was told to sit down as they would see everyone and they came to see us loads of times. Just a little wave and they would come to the table for autograph and picture, they had a few birthdays there and they made a real fuss of the birthday child and sang happy birthday in their own language which was nice.

There was a man and lady singing Disney songs country style and the characters were dancing with the kids, they all did the conga too. We have done a lot of character meals at DLP and Florida and this has to be, by far, the best character experience, for minimum money.

There was Mickey, Minnie, Woody, Goofy and Pluto.

Guest 3 Jun 11 03:41 PM

We did this tea party in September when it was at the Luckey Nugget.:) Like you I thought it was amazing value for money; the desserts and cakes were to die for and I would definitely agree it was one of the best places for character interaction.:grin:

Think I may have to persuade DH that we need to do this again; as I would love to meet Woody!;)

shellbdb 3 Jun 11 08:02 PM

Thanks for that I have been deliberating over a character meal, at that price I may do Cafe Mickey and the tea party at Barbecue Cookout.

yogibear 7 Jun 11 01:30 PM

Can I ask if the characters are dressed in cowboy style costumes? This is apparently a deciding factor for my two DDs!

sammykitten 7 Jun 11 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogibear (Post 6344354)
Can I ask if the characters are dressed in cowboy style costumes? This is apparently a deciding factor for my two DDs!

yes they are - we met them all outside the entrance to Cowboy Cookout just before the tea party time of 4.30pm, Mickey wears dungarees :grin:.

yogibear 7 Jun 11 05:51 PM

Ooooh...thanks for that. Think we will have to put it on our list for August. Just deciding whether to do tea party or lunch:grin:

torillien 7 Jun 11 08:47 PM

Sounds like great fun .. I think we are going to do this when we go in a couple of weeks - is it all cakes & pasties & do you actually get tea ;)

akv2010 8 Jun 11 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torillien (Post 6346274)
Sounds like great fun .. I think we are going to do this when we go in a couple of weeks - is it all cakes & pasties & do you actually get tea ;)

It is sweets, lollies, pasties, brownies, flan, crepes and apple pie.

You can have coffee - I think there must have been a cup of tea but we do not drink tea so I did not see. Kids had cola or orange juice.

It was so very, very unhealthy but so very, very worth it. There is no 'tea' as in food 'tea' (yes, we call it that too! )

But we did go on BTM at 6.45 and nothing came up. LOL!

As I say, for the experience it was the best character experience we have ever had even though there was no 'proper' food. There was no waiting with a pager to get in and then feeling rushed to get out. The characters interacted with everyone and they all made a fuss of the birthday children - and the guy who runs the restaurant saw everyone out and asked whether they enjoyed it. And I said it was fabulous and one of the best we had ever had.

yogibear 8 Jun 11 01:27 PM

Anyone had the character lunch/ dinner there? If so what is the food like then? thanks

torillien 8 Jun 11 07:40 PM

Fantastic .. I did mean tea as the drink :) i am really looking forward to it now ;)