theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   All I want for Christmas is a jalapeño cream cheese stuffed pretzel -ddp-oop Christmas 2018COMPLETE (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1109817)

Rescuer 20 Dec 18 01:03 AM

All I want for Christmas is a jalapeño cream cheese stuffed pretzel -ddp-oop Christmas 2018COMPLETE

Hello again.

We are about to, in less than a week (hopefully, if Virgins strike doesn’t scupper our plans) travel to Disney for Christmas and New Year. This is a first for us, it will be mad but hopefully also fabulous!

Cast

Me (40ish) - chief planner and food snob according to Dh, he tells me I am very particular in where and what eat I eat yet I’m not fussy really, eggs, Brussels sprouts and cherry flavoured things are the only foods I detest.

DH (40ish)- fussy, fussy, fussy!

DS (11) - eats everything and anything!

MiL (70s) - fussy, doesn’t like seafood or salmon and does not have a big appetite

We (ds,Dh and I)are used to having free dining so it’s a bit of a shock having to pay for everything. We decided to split the difference so we booked and paid for the first part of our holiday, 5nights at the Contemporary. We will then pay oop for the last 6 nights at the Beach Club. It will be interesting to compare the 2 parts.

Where we ate

Frankie and Bennys - Manchester Airport
Contempo Cafe
Woodys Lunch Box
Mama Melrose
The Wave - Christmas Dinner
Be our guest - breakfast
Gaspirilla Grill - Grand Floridian
Chefs de France - Candlelight Processional
Contempo Cafe - snacks
Wolfgang Puck Express

Be Our Guest Dinner
AK Snacks and Flame Tree BBQ
Storybook dining at Artists Point
Contempo Cafe - Breakfast
Teppan Edo
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert party
Beach Club Marketplace - snacks
Outlet Food Court - Chinese
Nine Dragons
Karamell Kuche
Lunching Pad

Boardwalk Bakery
Beach Club Marketplace
Yacht Club Quick Service
Hollywood Brown Derby
Joes - Boardwalk

Yacht Club Quick Service
Hurricane Hannahs
Skippers Canteen

Plaza Gardens after fireworks dessert party
Tusker House - Rivers of Light breakfast
AK Snacks
Yak and Yeti QS
Joes and Boardwalk to go

Woodys LunchBox
Yacht Club quick service
Beach Club Marketplace

Trattoria Al Forno
French Bakery - Epcot - Dessert

French Bakery - Breakfast
Bahama Breeze - Airport

Feel free to follow along, liveish, to find out if I can track down and eat the rare Disney delicacy of the Jalapeño cream cheese stuffed pretzel...

I'm also attempting my first ever full trip report so if you need help nodding off here it is

Dutchdisneyfan 20 Dec 18 07:54 AM

Have a lovely time!

Kat11 20 Dec 18 09:19 AM

Have a fab time! Following along 😃

They do a jalapeño cheese pretzel in Typhoon Lagoon in a stall at the back of the park.

I’m peeved I didn’t try it. I planned to go back fur one but wasn’t hungry after lunch. 😔 😂

They may do them elsewhere (maybe MK) but I didn’t see them.

Kat

theCMG 20 Dec 18 09:59 AM

Yay, looking forward to this :)

Carpgirl 20 Dec 18 04:36 PM

I had one yesterday. Delicious!

dixonsontour 20 Dec 18 10:58 PM

Have a fabulous time, looking forward to this :)

Unexpectedpenny 21 Dec 18 04:42 PM

Sounds great! Have a lovely time :)

saratogajan 21 Dec 18 05:23 PM

Ooh have a lovely time. Looking forward to this as we’re doing very similar trip in March/April. 7 nights contemporary with free dining, 5 nights in Naples at a villa, followed by 6 nights no dining at grand Floridian villas.

CoasterQueen 21 Dec 18 06:34 PM

Following...very interested in this as we are considering going the same time next year and also having the DP:wave:

bearandbuzz 21 Dec 18 08:43 PM

Thank you so much for doing this, I’ll be following with anticipation. We are off to Wilderness Lodge next Christmas, with the dining plan. It’s been so hard to find onsite reports actuallly featuring Christmas Day so I’m looking forward to this.
Have an amazing time!

ETA, I notice you’ve got the Story book dining. Would love to know what you think - warts and all - as I’m debating about whether to eat there on Christmas Day.