theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin premium economy? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1054324)

Lulu-Belle 4 Nov 17 12:15 PM

Virgin premium economy?

Just wondering if virgins premium economy is worth the extra expense and whether you can book your seats straight after booking and if it's for free?
Thanks

bpalmf 4 Nov 17 12:28 PM

It comes down to personal choice. Foe us it was worth it but there are loads of threads on here where some people are happy to pay extra expense and others who aren't. If you do, you can chose seats at 331 days before

7SeasSailor 4 Nov 17 12:55 PM

We try and catch a sale at the end of the year so that we can buy PE for the following September. There are some things that go with it that we prefer and are willing to pay for. If push came to shove and I couldn't go PE on the dates that I want then I would travel economy.

Lulu-Belle 4 Nov 17 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor (Post 12930150)
We try and catch a sale at the end of the year so that we can buy PE for the following September. There are some things that go with it that we prefer and are willing to pay for. If push came to shove and I couldn't go PE on the dates that I want then I would travel economy.

Excellent it’s for next August so I might wait for the sales.

Glad you can pre book seats.

Thanks all :wavey:

scoobydooby 4 Nov 17 01:11 PM

It’s rarely worth it IMO but it is nicer and if we get a decent price we do it. It’s hard to get decent PE prices in August though.

Lulu-Belle 4 Nov 17 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydooby (Post 12930175)
It’s rarely worth it IMO but it is nicer and if we get a decent price we do it. It’s hard to get decent PE prices in August though.

I did suspect that would be the case, the pain of being limited to school hols. Thanks for the heads up

Mr Tom Morrow 4 Nov 17 01:15 PM

If I couldn't get PE on Virgin I would switch carriers.
I need that extra legroom and bigger seat to keep my back from seizing up.
The extra bits you get are nice but it's the seat I want and the extra room.
Well worth the money

Florida White 4 Nov 17 02:40 PM

Yep I prefer premium and would pay the extra. The PE check in desks, on the plane one of the first, better food, more leg room and wider seat with more recline, an extra case free of charge then if you are on the 747 you are first off the plane which can really speed you up. That said £1100 is the max I would pay return and usually if you keep checking you can get it for around that figure at some point after release. But down to preference I suppose.

swiper 4 Nov 17 04:09 PM

We are flying from Manchester direct in August next year and I have paid £1300 with m&m discount. £1700 was the start price!
Got the seats we wanted and it’s direct.

lme30005 4 Nov 17 04:39 PM

The most important premium perk to us is the extra leg room so we tend to book the extra leg room seats on the 747 instead. We can't fit any more luggage in the car so extra cases are of no use, and we don't really eat the food anyway. I didn't think the premium food was any better than economy. But I would be tempted to book premium for the night flight if I couldn't get the extra leg room seats. Getting off the plane quickly would be good too.