theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Upper Class newbies - what do we need to know (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184032)

TinselAngel 24 Nov 20 12:26 AM

Upper Class newbies - what do we need to know

As the title suggests, after many, many economy flights, we have booked our first ever Virgin upper class flights for next August. We are very, very excited to say the least. Anyone got any tips for making the most of our experience?

We are going MAN-MCO on the VS73, in a Airbus 330-300 and returning 3 weeks later on VS76 which looks like being the 330-200 so a different seat layout.

EDITED TO SAY: Now changed flight going out so we are on the a330-200 for both flights - have booked the 'love seats' - row 1

Upper class both ways (thank you VA for your Black Friday reward flight sale!).

Over to you Dibbers - Thanks! :wave:

Donaldfan 24 Nov 20 07:57 AM

What sort of tips do you want? I've flown UC. It's a seat on a plane that you can lie out flat and have more space than the other classes. That's it.

munmun 24 Nov 20 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaldfan (Post 14730085)
What sort of tips do you want? I've flown UC. It's a seat on a plane that you can lie out flat and have more space than the other classes. That's it.

Oh, that's a bit sad. The OP is excited and should be.

OP, enjoy the experience. Start with the lounge, enjoy the extra space and not feeling exhausted when you arrive.

I'm sure the Virgin experts will be along soon to tell you the best drinks, seats, booze , food and the way to enjoy your experience.

You will enjoy and never want to turn right again:)

Pussycat Doll 24 Nov 20 08:29 AM

Enjoy every second of it! The breakfast, champagne and cocktails in the lounge. More champagne and and the chief steward looking after you. Excellent food and service, more champagne and cocktails. A little snooze and more champagne!

Mr Tom Morrow 24 Nov 20 08:37 AM

OP. Revel in the experience. I agree with the above 2 posters, make the most of it.

I hate being fussed over but I do enjoy the lounge for breakfast and the Delta lounge at MCO for nibbles. The extra room, the better seat, the drinks, the excellent food, the drinks, the quiet cabin, the drinks, the extra luggage you can take, the drinks, being first on and normally first off, the drinks etc etc

Oh, did I mention the drinks?:):)

munmun 24 Nov 20 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14730107)
OP. Revel in the experience. I agree with the above 2 posters, make the most of it.

I hate being fussed over but I do enjoy the lounge for breakfast and the Delta lounge at MCO for nibbles. The extra room, the better seat, the drinks, the excellent food, the drinks, the quiet cabin, the drinks, the extra luggage you can take, the drinks, being first on and normally first off, the drinks etc etc

Oh, did I mention the drinks?:):)

Oh yes Tom the drinks!

I am a non drinker but I also enjoy the club/upper experience!

sophiepop 24 Nov 20 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaldfan (Post 14730085)

You must've forgotten about the joy of spending 9 hours in an economy seat, with the person in front reclined onto your knee and trying to eat you meal etc? :D

Stevelovesfl 24 Nov 20 09:06 AM

Perhaps get an airport hotel at MCO so you can enjoy the lounge and flight a bit more if driving.

Stevelovesfl 24 Nov 20 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiepop (Post 14730121)
You must've forgotten about the joy of spending 9 hours in an economy seat, with the person in front reclined onto your knee and trying to eat you meal etc? :D

and the kid behind playing a game on the IFE constantly tapping the screen.

Mr Tom Morrow 24 Nov 20 09:24 AM

OP. The downside is people sleep better in UC

Better sleep = more snoring.:pgig:

Some flights I have been in hysterics listening to the noise on the flight home.

Oh, that would be me!:blush: