theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Gift registry (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1107860)

mitch84 21 Nov 18 04:58 PM

Gift registry

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a gift registry.

We were going to use Debenhams but they have shut the service, along with reduction in sale of vouchers I wonder if this is a means to an end.

I liked Debenhams as the branded stuff was affordable, but their own stuff was well priced.

We don’t want any experiences, or honeymoon options, or online cash option, just a modest list of well priced gifts.

I have looked at John Lewis, and the same items are up to £20 more than on Debenhams. I was hoping for most to be £20/£30 which just doesn't work for JL

I’m interested in bedding, towels, homewares and kitchenwares specifically.

I’m not sure where to look, I don’t want people to be paying more for the same gift.

hideinpockets 21 Nov 18 06:15 PM

Prezola and The Wedding Shop are two bespoke wedding lists but they do tend to have some more high end products. I’ve gone with Prezola because I can have a honeymoon list on there (we already live together and don’t need anything for the house), you can make an account for free so could always make an account and have a look for things. Otherwise unless you look at Harvey Nicks etc. I’m not sure of any other department stores (other than John Lewis) that will do them.

MrsEgg 21 Nov 18 06:15 PM

Have you thought about Amazon? We had John Lewis as ours but that was 8 years ago, it was a fab service but I think their pricing gap has increased since then unfrotuantly.

mitch84 21 Nov 18 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsEgg (Post 13584962)
Have you thought about Amazon? We had John Lewis as ours but that was 8 years ago, it was a fab service but I think their pricing gap has increased since then unfrotuantly.

That's not a bad idea! I didn't know they had one. JL is crazy expensive :confused2

mitch84 21 Nov 18 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hideinpockets (Post 13584960)
Prezola and The Wedding Shop are two bespoke wedding lists but they do tend to have some more high end products. I’ve gone with Prezola because I can have a honeymoon list on there (we already live together and don’t need anything for the house), you can make an account for free so could always make an account and have a look for things. Otherwise unless you look at Harvey Nicks etc. I’m not sure of any other department stores (other than John Lewis) that will do them.

Thanks, I've had a look at these, but unfortunately the gifts are pricier than I feel comfortable requesting. Its the uplift that gets me, why is the same Jamie Oliver item £40 at Debenhams or £62 at Prezola?

House of fraser all seem to have stopped doing them :cry:

Wonder if they aren't used as much any more?

3disneykids 21 Nov 18 06:32 PM

Argos have one...Not exactly boutique lol but the offer a massive variety in terms of things and prices.
https://www.argos.co.uk/weddinglist

Smoosplace 21 Nov 18 06:34 PM

Marks and spencers

hideinpockets 21 Nov 18 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 13584969)
Thanks, I've had a look at these, but unfortunately the gifts are pricier than I feel comfortable requesting. Its the uplift that gets me, why is the same Jamie Oliver item £40 at Debenhams or £62 at Prezola?

House of fraser all seem to have stopped doing them :cry:

Wonder if they aren't used as much any more?

I think most wedding lists are honeymoon lists now so I imagine actual tangible gifts have fallen a little out of favour perhaps? I think amazon is a great idea! Or instead of a list you could ask for gift vouchers for a few different stores perhaps?

Scaramouche 21 Nov 18 06:52 PM

I would go for Amazon. Debenhams and House of Fraser are having financial issues at the moment so I reckon that’s why they’ve disappeared. Though I wouldn’t trust them if they appeared again.

We also though JL was too expensive and unfortunately put money in a card for our friend who had the JL one this year as we just couldn’t stretch to it with our own wedding to pay for.

We will be doing a honeymoon fund if people want to give us something. We live together and don’t need anything. You can be sure the kettle and toaster will die the day after the wedding now 😂

mitch84 21 Nov 18 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoosplace (Post 13584975)
Marks and spencers

Thanks but they just don’t have the range of kitchen wares I would want