theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Restaurants near Tottenham Court Road and Phoenix Theatre. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149738)

EssexSue 16 Oct 19 03:27 PM

Restaurants near Tottenham Court Road and Phoenix Theatre.

Looking for recommendations please. Given the fact the weather will probably be wet we don't want to go too far afield. I've tried googling and am even more confused.

novocastrian 16 Oct 19 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssexSue (Post 14128784)
Looking for recommendations please. Given the fact the weather will probably be wet we don't want to go too far afield. I've tried googling and am even more confused.

come from away ?

there is a flat iron steak place just round the corner on denmark st ?

or a spoons pretty much opposite :grin:

smithlane 16 Oct 19 03:41 PM

If it’s Come From Away you’re seeing them your in for a treat, it’s an amazing show!
My sister and I saw it a few weeks back and after went for a lovely meal at Thai Square just round the corner on Shaftesbury Avenue

mickey house 16 Oct 19 03:42 PM

That's where I have seen Blood brothers a few times. What are you seeing there?

I would play safe and go to the local nandos because as in most cities the restaurants can be a rip off around there.

EssexSue 16 Oct 19 03:47 PM

Yes "Come from Away".
Thank you none of these came up on my search.

As not with the kids I can avoid Nandos and not with OH I can avoid Spoons. Will look at others tho thank you.

novocastrian 16 Oct 19 03:53 PM

welcome to rock !

i dont really do theatre but went with my daughter was an excellent show and very cleverly done wont spoil it though...

Scaramouche 16 Oct 19 03:57 PM

I’m an islander!

There’s also a lovely Italian just round the corner from Tottenham Court Road. I used to work in The Dominion so right there lol.

Come From Away is incredible!

mickey house 16 Oct 19 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssexSue (Post 14128812)
Yes "Come from Away".
Thank you none of these came up on my search.

As not with the kids I can avoid Nandos and not with OH I can avoid Spoons. Will look at others tho thank you.

You will regret not eating at a nandos and eating at some overpriced not so great tourist restaurant.

I just googled the musical and it looks a bit of an odd one, but it has won best newcomer musical.

Pjamas 16 Oct 19 04:15 PM

Come From Away is an amazing show you will have a wonderful evening and no interval so you are out very early which I love!

There is a Byron Burger round the corner and all the usual suspects just up the way in Leicester Square. Covent Garden is pretty close too so lots of choice there! Maybe Belgos? That’s gorgeous

Pumba75 16 Oct 19 06:24 PM

There's a great pizza place just little bit down Charing Cross Road called NY Fold, where you can buy by (massive) slices.