theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Manchester trams (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152540)

allycat228 12 Nov 19 11:47 PM

Manchester trams

Hi

I’m going to the Lowry theatre in December and I’m staying at the Radisson Manchester airport (cheaper than premier inn)

Someone has already told me that the tram is safe to use at night, but for the life of me (even though the website for the tram shows they run until late evening) I can’t seem to work out how to get back without a 20 min walk

Does anyone use the trams and are they reliable

floridasgirl 12 Nov 19 11:57 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere they are running until 2am over Christmas. I will try and find out properly!
The tram to the airport is quite a arduous journey though! Did you look at hotels near The Lowry? There's a Holiday Inn at Media City if you can change? The city centre would also be a better option.

allycat228 13 Nov 19 12:25 AM

Hi The Lowry is £306 and the holiday inn is £176 the Radisson is only £119, it’s the night of the 7th. It’s looking like it’s a really busy night🙈

I might just drive there and back, I think it would be easier

coggie 13 Nov 19 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allycat228 (Post 14170318)
Hi The Lowry is £306 and the holiday inn is £176 the Radisson is only £119, it’s the night of the 7th. It’s looking like it’s a really busy night🙈

I might just drive there and back, I think it would be easier

Driving to the Lowry may be the best option but just make sure you avoid the city centre, go M56/M60/M602

marypoppins38 13 Nov 19 07:28 AM

The Premier Inn Media City is £150 for that night. I know it’s a bit more expensive but when you factor in the cost of tram fares etc it won’t be too much different and is only 5/10 min walk from the theatre.

baboons 13 Nov 19 07:46 AM

I'd jump a taxi to Piccadilly and get the train from there.

stecee 13 Nov 19 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 (Post 14170380)
The Premier Inn Media City is £150 for that night. I know it’s a bit more expensive but when you factor in the cost of tram fares etc it won’t be too much different and is only 5/10 min walk from the theatre.

I agree with this, there is a really good vibe about the area and would in my opinion, be a lot nicer experience.

dubletrub 13 Nov 19 10:11 AM

Not checked your dates and times but train from airport to Piccadilly station, change to tram to Lowry and reverse on way back. Couple of minute walk at each end

lesleyjane66 13 Nov 19 01:16 PM

Tram form Manchester Airport, if youre near the train station and then chanhe at Cornbrrok for Media City, this stops near the Lowry and the same in reverse.

Driving is a better option though if you ask me unless you were hoping to have a little drinky

allycat228 13 Nov 19 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleyjane66 (Post 14170693)
Tram form Manchester Airport, if youre near the train station and then chanhe at Cornbrrok for Media City, this stops near the Lowry and the same in reverse.

Driving is a better option though if you ask me unless you were hoping to have a little drinky

I was hoping to have a little drink but might just bring a couple of gin and tonics with me to have back in the hotel