theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   What do you expect to pay for a Disneyland Paris break these days? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129397)

amy56 19 May 19 07:14 PM

What do you expect to pay for a Disneyland Paris break these days?

Hi all,

I’ve spent the day pricing up various options to stay at disneyland for three days in the summer holidays.

We are going on a Disney cruise for a week from Dover, and I know a few of our shipmates are taking advantage of being so close to DLP that they are having a few days there first.

We are from Devon, so Dover is quite a trek for us & so I’m now thinking that we might do the same thing!

DH thinks we should stay onsite & for the four of us staying three nights at the Hotel Cheyenne it’s £1512 including Dover overnight hotel, ferry crossings and 4 days of park tickets. Is that expensive? (It seems a lot for a mini break to me, but I think I might be out of touch as haven’t been to DLP for many years!)

To try to trim the costs, I’ve priced it up for two nights at Hotel Cheyenne with three day tickets (we couldn’t use the fourth day anyway as we need to travel back to Dover to meet family ready for our cruise the next day) & the plan would then be to move offsite to a cheaper hotel (currently priced up Hipark Serris) for the last night - so we could still have a long third day, walk back to Cheyenne to collect our car and just have a short drive for a nights sleep before driving to Calais the next day - this slightly less convenient option would reduce the cost to £1313.

Again, still feels costly to me - or is that what I’m dealing with these days for a DLP mini break?

Gill H 19 May 19 08:18 PM

That does feel a lot, but hotel prices have shot up since Disney took full ownership. Is that with any sort of offer? There is usually free half board and/or money off.

Our last stay was 3 nights in November for 2 adults at Hotel Cheyenne with free half board. It cost us £700 (without transport). We got £29 tickets for Eurostar going via Gare du Nord.

amy56 19 May 19 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13854490)
That does feel a lot, but hotel prices have shot up since Disney took full ownership. Is that with any sort of offer? There is usually free half board and/or money off.

Our last stay was 3 nights in November for 2 adults at Hotel Cheyenne with free half board. It cost us £700 (without transport). We got £29 tickets for Eurostar going via Gare du Nord.

I’m wondering whether it’s the price you pay for August summer holidays?

Sarryb 19 May 19 08:56 PM

I have 3 nights/4 days booked for end of August. 2 adults, 1 child (11) in Sequoia Lodge (main building), Direct Eurostar, HB+ (included as part of package, which they also included a 9pm sitting of Buffalo Bills as a special offer) £1500 ish, but then we got a just shy of £150 discount off that total as my Mum has rheumatoid arthritis, and there's a discount you can apply for regarding the ticket cost.

That was with the 25% off and free half board offer. X

amy56 19 May 19 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarryb (Post 13854602)
I have 3 nights/4 days booked for end of August. 2 adults, 1 child (11) in Sequoia Lodge (main building), Direct Eurostar, HB+ (included as part of package, which they also included a 9pm sitting of Buffalo Bills as a special offer) £1500 ish, but then we got a just shy of £150 discount off that total as my Mum has rheumatoid arthritis, and there's a discount you can apply for regarding the ticket cost.

That was with the 25% off and free half board offer. X

Thank you for posting, that’s really helpful. 👍

So actually that sounds as though my price is about right (I know that I’m too late for good prices on the Eurostar, so the ferry is the only reasonably priced option this late out).

I guess I just need to weigh up whether I can justify it as a three night ‘add on’ to our existing holiday - I think if it was a break on its own I wouldn’t quibble, I think I’m just stalling as I know that I should be contented with the weeks holiday we’ve already got - it’s just the lure of already being at Dover & in my head, so close to DLP, that’s so appealing! 😂

Sarryb 19 May 19 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy56 (Post 13854654)
Thank you for posting, that’s really helpful. 👍

So actually that sounds as though my price is about right (I know that I’m too late for good prices on the Eurostar, so the ferry is the only reasonably priced option this late out).

I guess I just need to weigh up whether I can justify it as a three night ‘add on’ to our existing holiday - I think if it was a break on its own I wouldn’t quibble, I think I’m just stalling as I know that I should be contented with the weeks holiday we’ve already got - it’s just the lure of already being at Dover & in my head, so close to DLP, that’s so appealing! 😂

I believe you can get good deals on indirect Eurostar. I'm definitely no expert on that though.

Did you look at Santa Fe? The price used to be very similar between the standard hotels, but I have noticed that at times it's coming out quite a lot cheaper than Cheyenne.

Also I've booked for right near the end of August, and it's apparently slightly cheaper then, no idea why as all of the schools are still off everywhere!

I'd imagine as all of the schools are off around Europe that the different country's websites won't really have much in the way of savings, so if the prices are all similar it might be worth booking with Magic Breaks, as they only charge a £10 booking fee in comparison with £26 from DLP direct. It's not much of a saving, but it's something. I'm unsure how much Disney Travel Company charge. X

aladdin 19 May 19 10:45 PM

I couldn’t even begin to fathom what I’d expect to pay but it certainly isn’t the prices at the moment. We’ve never been to DLP and my daughter really wants to go so I’ve been pricing it up over the last two years and I’ve never had a price I’m comfortable paying for such a short amount of time. I wonder if I’m just missing all of the decent deals but a 4 night break is never less than £2k for me that I just cannot justify 2k for four nights and that’s not even including a dining plan 😬

Sarryb 19 May 19 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aladdin (Post 13854836)
I couldn’t even begin to fathom what I’d expect to pay but it certainly isn’t the prices at the moment. We’ve never been to DLP and my daughter really wants to go so I’ve been pricing it up over the last two years and I’ve never had a price I’m comfortable paying for such a short amount of time. I wonder if I’m just missing all of the decent deals but a 4 night break is never less than £2k for me that I just cannot justify 2k for four nights and that’s not even including a dining plan 😬

Which dates and hotels are you looking at? And what is your party size?

I've looked at May half term next year and 2 adults, 1 child (12) and it's coming in a lot less than that, with a half board dining plan. Is it the travel that's pushing the price up? That happens often if you're looking to book near to the dates you want to go. Eurostar direct and flights tend to go up in price as time goes on, so that could definitely be a factor. X

Gill H 19 May 19 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aladdin (Post 13854836)

I would only book 4 nights when it’s 4 for the price of 2 - which they haven’t done for a while now.

Look for 30% off and free half board. Arrive midweek and avoid French and Spanish public holidays. Santa Fe is usually the cheapest. Eurostar via Gare du Nord is often cheaper than direct, and regularly has offers if you sign up - usually £29 each way, though the times for that price are the less popular ones.

amy56 19 May 19 11:30 PM

I know that lots on here seem to use Magic breaks (and actually today I’ve found that lots of links seem to redirect me through to them as well!), but I was wondering if anyone ever uses DLParisdirect?

They seem to be coming out a couple of hundred pounds cheaper & as I’m trying to keep costs as low as possible that very appealing!