theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   UK Holiday Planning & Days Out (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Hotels near M25 North but also link to London (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180530)

KarenG 21 Sep 20 12:52 PM

Hotels near M25 North but also link to London

Hi all

I’m after a hotel (Premier Inn or similar is fine) that is:

Close to the M25 (the section from roughly Watford to roughly Enfield) but also close enough for a cheap taxi to a tube or overground station into London?

I think that’s the best area for what we want but here are the constraints in case anyone has any other better locations!

We will be heading up from the South West Friday evening so want to try and stay under a four hour drive ish, preferably less but experience tells me that we should get to roughly there on the M25 by that time!

Visiting a relative in hospital in Chelmsford on Saturday afternoon (so less than an hour each way from the hotel)

Then jumping on a train / tube for an evening in London to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday

Sunday drive home.

I know all the COVID restrictions. But we’ve gone from cruising in Japan, to a weekend in DLP, to a weekend in London, to a surprise meal with friends and family locally which also can’t now happen so I’m just thinking of other things that MAY be possible - won’t be booking yet though it’s only ten days away now 😜

Thanks all :)

harber78 21 Sep 20 07:49 PM

Mercure Noke Saint Albans is near junction 21a M25 and is usually about £60. You can drive to Saint Albans rail station and quick direct train into London.

KarenG 21 Sep 20 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harber78 (Post 14654863)
Mercure Noke Saint Albans is near junction 21a M25 and is usually about £60. You can drive to Saint Albans rail station and quick direct train into London.

Thank you! We stayed at Junction 22 last time but no direct train close to there (I don’t think).

ERICSMUM 21 Sep 20 09:27 PM

Have you ruled out staying in Chelmsford ?

Dazed 21 Sep 20 09:42 PM

Premier Inn Watford is close to Bushey, Watford High St and Watford Junction stations. Watford Junction - Euston is 15 mins. You can also get the 142 to Stanmore station for the tube (It depends where in London you want to go).

Watford (Junction 19-21) is approx 1.5hrs from Chelmsford though.

Enfield/Waltham cross area (Junction 25) might be closer but don’t think you can get the tube from there.

KarenG 21 Sep 20 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM (Post 14654995)
Have you ruled out staying in Chelmsford ?

I did consider that!

I’m trying to avoid the 5-6 hours drive on the Friday night and home again on the Sunday...

Just trying to split up some of that drive if you know what I mean?

It should take only four hours but each time we’ve done it it’s taken considerably longer :(

KarenG 21 Sep 20 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed (Post 14655005)
Premier Inn Watford is close to Bushey, Watford High St and Watford Junction stations. Watford Junction - Euston is 15 mins. You can also get the 142 to Stanmore station for the tube (It depends where in London you want to go).

Watford (Junction 19-21) is approx 1.5hrs from Chelmsford though.

Enfield/Waltham cross area (Junction 25) might be closer but don’t think you can get the tube from there.

Thank you :)

However I try and break the journey up it’s grim! Just trying to find a way to make DH’s birthday slightly better than being on the M25 only (but in my attempt to do that maybe I’m making it worse, I can’t decide!)

vickitoria10 22 Sep 20 05:41 PM

We normally stop at the premier inn at Wembley Park. Bit further in but not too bad From the end of the M1. If you’re going at a weekend parking in the underground car park is normally available and really cheap. Smack bang next to the underground station too.

KarenG 22 Sep 20 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 (Post 14656008)
We normally stop at the premier inn at Wembley Park. Bit further in but not too bad From the end of the M1. If you’re going at a weekend parking in the underground car park is normally available and really cheap. Smack bang next to the underground station too.

Thank you :)

That looks a bit further from the M25 than I am after as we are doing that bit four times but ideal that it’s by the underground!

400ixl 22 Sep 20 05:59 PM

What about staying at Stratford Westfield shopping centre.

You can then get the train to Chelmsford and the central line into London.

Otherwise there is the Premier Inn Enfield which is close to the line into Liverpool Street and Enfield lock station.