theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   I said I was done- I lied (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1143185)

YorkshireT 26 Aug 19 05:54 PM

I said I was done- I lied

We were just looking at points needed for the trips we have planned and realised we woud be all borrowed out and basically points skint by the end of next year.

:cry:

Quick decision, offer in. Of course another SSR with same use year.

saratogajan 26 Aug 19 06:15 PM

I’m jealous. We have 400 at SSR but never enough!

Lizzim 26 Aug 19 06:24 PM

I’d love to buy more but have to make do with our 100 points at BLT. Totally jealous (although I’ve managed to do quite well in our 9 years of owning)!

YorkshireT 26 Aug 19 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratogajan (Post 14037818)
I’m jealous. We have 400 at SSR but never enough!

I will be joining the 400 club Jan- just.

Another small add on.

From deciding we want more points, to making offer, to being accepted- 1 hour total- that must be a record for resale from having no intention of buying :omg:

Roll on ROFR.

Mr Tom Morrow 26 Aug 19 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14037836)
I will be joining the 400 club Jan- just.

Another small add on.

From deciding we want more points, to making offer, to being accepted- 1 hour total- that must be a record for resale from having no intention of buying :omg:

Roll on ROFR.

Well done. You will be soon heading to the same level as me and Saratoska!

YorkshireT 26 Aug 19 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14038464)
Well done. You will be soon heading to the same level as me and Saratoska!

I’ll never reach those lofty heights. I say this is it now. But I said that last time. But my dues will be circa $2.5k pa now.

Mr Tom Morrow 26 Aug 19 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14038475)
I’ll never reach those lofty heights. I say this is it now. But I said that last time. But my dues will be circa $2.5k pa now.

Wish mine were !

tigger48 27 Aug 19 03:48 AM

YorkshireT we may also have unsuspectingly joined the ROFR queue today for SSR resale! Fingers crossed for positive outcomes all.

YorkshireT 27 Aug 19 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger48 (Post 14038601)
YorkshireT we may also have unsuspectingly joined the ROFR queue today for SSR resale! Fingers crossed for positive outcomes all.

Good luck.

I just checked the ROFR thread on the other board, the one I'm getting is v close to what's been taken. Had 2 taken last time. The big reseller also has 25% of SSR being taken at the moment.

Fingers crossed for us both. But if its taken ill just go again, and again. I'm in no rush.

tigger48 27 Aug 19 03:06 PM

Thanks YorkshireT. 25% is quite high, is this higher than usual? It’s our first time bidding for resale. We’ve probably offered a little on the high side but as it’s still way lower than a direct add on its worth it to us. The contract we’re after is quite heavily upfront loaded hence our bid. If this one doesn’t get through though as you say we’ll probably just try again, but would look for a more standard (not loaded) contract with possibly a few more points on it. We’d just have to borrow more to sort next year’s booking(s) in the meantime.
People warned us about addonitis before we bought our first contract it seems they were right 😆 Good luck!