theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bargain prices Air Canada July 2018 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057050)

legolass 3 Dec 17 09:47 PM

Bargain prices Air Canada July 2018

Just booked flights from Aberdeen to Miami for July for £336 each with Omega Flight Store. Flights are with Air Canada and are also available to book with them (for slightly more) but the booking has been confirmed and I can see it on Air Canada's site already. Really chuffed as we weren't intending on going back next year! Flights are via Heathrow and Toronto. I think we can do immigration in Canada - can anyone confirm that? Excited!

Disney junky 3 Dec 17 09:58 PM

Yup, we cleared US immigration in Toronto and you arrive in Orlando as domestic passengers. We would certainly fly with them again.

Melbatb 3 Dec 17 10:01 PM

Don't forget to do your ETA as well as the ESTA - you will need both!

Great price!

legolass 3 Dec 17 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney junky (Post 12966550)
Yup, we cleared US immigration in Toronto and you arrive in Orlando as domestic passengers. We would certainly fly with them again.

Excellent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbatb (Post 12966555)
Don't forget to do your ETA as well as the ESTA - you will need both!

Great price!

We have an ESTA from this year but I will see about the ETA - thank you!

toonarmani 4 Dec 17 03:35 PM

Very good price, but not sure I could do 2 connections (especially with kids).

Is this Air Canada's "rouge" service?

legolass 4 Dec 17 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonarmani (Post 12967148)
Very good price, but not sure I could do 2 connections (especially with kids).

Is this Air Canada's "rouge" service?

Staying where we do, we can only do direct if we drive to Glasgow which is around 4 hours (we have done this once but the journey home was a nightmare) since then we have always done indirect with 2 connections so we are used to it. Although my kids will be 19 and 16 but we have done it when they were a bit younger. And doing immigration before Orlando (or Miami in this case) is a bonus.

I believe the last flight from Toronto to Miami is the "rouge" service but we don't mind - we will just have to be organised with a film on our iPads.

Barvas 4 Dec 17 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolass (Post 12966538)
Just booked flights from Aberdeen to Miami for July for £336 each with Omega Flight Store. Flights are with Air Canada and are also available to book with them (for slightly more) but the booking has been confirmed and I can see it on Air Canada's site already. Really chuffed as we weren't intending on going back next year! Flights are via Heathrow and Toronto. I think we can do immigration in Canada - can anyone confirm that? Excited!

Hi what dates did you book? It looks like it will be Miami we will be flying to next July. Be quite happy to fly from Aberdeen for a change and if a good price , we usually fly from Glasgow.

legolass 4 Dec 17 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barvas (Post 12967211)
Hi what dates did you book? It looks like it will be Miami we will be flying to next July. Be quite happy to fly from Aberdeen for a change and if a good price , we usually fly from Glasgow.

Hi - flying to Heathrow on Tuesday 17th July at 8.35pm, staying there overnight then flying Wednesday morning via Toronto. Returning Wednesday 1st August. There were a few dates available at that price, mainly at the beginning of the week (we really prefer to travel mid-week and spend maybe 17-18 nights but at that price we will just have a day or two less). The weeks before and after also had these prices. Found them by accident, they never showed up on google flights but they had these prices from Glasgow (or Edinburgh?) and when I went onto Air Canada's website I put in Aberdeen on the off chance. Couldn't believe it :grin:

Barvas 4 Dec 17 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolass (Post 12967261)
Hi - flying to Heathrow on Tuesday 17th July at 8.35pm, staying there overnight then flying Wednesday morning via Toronto. Returning Wednesday 1st August. There were a few dates available at that price, mainly at the beginning of the week (we really prefer to travel mid-week and spend maybe 17-18 nights but at that price we will just have a day or two less). The weeks before and after also had these prices. Found them by accident, they never showed up on google flights but they had these prices from Glasgow (or Edinburgh?) and when I went onto Air Canada's website I put in Aberdeen on the off chance. Couldn't believe it :grin:

Thank you for your reply, we are looking to going on the 13th or 20th July haven’t decide yet so just looking at prices. We got a fab price for this year booking last Sep 2ad , 2x11 and car for £1969 with BA for 19 nights flying to Tampa , wishing we could get the same again . Will just have to keep on looking 😀. X