theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2 Day PCR on return to UK (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209579)

FM51 4 Dec 21 01:42 PM

2 Day PCR on return to UK

I hope someone out there can help, we are due to travel to Orlando on December 31st and with the change of rules stating that you have to do a PCR test on your return to the UK we are unsure if we can go. We have had Covid within 90 days and they say a PCR could still come up positive, what do we do? We can’t be off our work another 10 days to isolate. Has anyone else been in this situation or know of someone so that we can get some advice? Thanking you in advance.

RedRobin91 5 Dec 21 08:29 PM

Be interested in this too as have the same scenario? Doesn’t seem to be any guidance on gov website

loldis 5 Dec 21 08:37 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have any exemptions for proof of recovery, so isolation will be required if you are still testing positive on PCR.

disney20042012 5 Dec 21 08:43 PM

We have the same situation but I have booked PCR's for our return. We can WFH if needed. On another note, are you using a doctors letter for departing the UK or are you going to do the lateral flow tests. I managed to get a letter from the GP but it did take a couple of weeks to organise.

teallach 5 Dec 21 08:48 PM

Quite honestly, I’d tell them to get lost if it did come back positive! Assuming your results were logged in the first place, they should already have the info to check that you’re testing positive as a result of having had it within the timeframe. I was told specifically by test and protect, not to bother testing within 90 days as it could be positive…..so what is the actual point? Does that mean that you shouldn’t be allowed to travel anywhere within 90 days?
I was also told (by test and protect) that they don’t have access to the info on the passenger locator forms…..total farce as far as I’m concerned. So many inconsistencies and things which just don’t make sense for my liking. Obviously I’m still doing everything I’m told so I can go on holiday though😉

disney20042012 5 Dec 21 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15236410)
Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have any exemptions for proof of recovery, so isolation will be required if you are still testing positive on PCR.

Loldis could I ask if you have any confirmed info on whether the pre departure US to UK can be unsupervised. I am trying to decide whether to take a test with me or get tested in Miami before we come home. Just thought I would ask your opinion on what you would do ?

loldis 5 Dec 21 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney20042012 (Post 15236428)
Loldis could I ask if you have any confirmed info on whether the pre departure US to UK can be unsupervised. I am trying to decide whether to take a test with me or get tested in Miami before we come home. Just thought I would ask your opinion on what you would do ?

There's no requirement that I can see for it to be supervised. When the pre-departure test was in place over the summer, photo uploads were acceptable. As long as it's a provider that offers a fit to fly certificate, you should be fine.

emmabrown68 5 Dec 21 08:56 PM

I'm in this situation. I'm hopeful that I'll be negative on PCR. I know a good few people who have done PCR within the 90 days and been negative so I'm counting on that!