theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   The Big Run Disney Trip - Day 1 Magic Kingdom Of Course! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1010748)

gtyrel10 11 Mar 17 10:21 AM

The Big Run Disney Trip - Day 1 Magic Kingdom Of Course!

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay on getting our next day up but I'm back now and on with Day 1!

Despite our very late night last night we were still wide awake early this morning, but this wasn't a bad thing we had a very clear plan for today, we had fast passes and our BOG lunch reservation so it was going to be a brilliant first day in Magic Kingdom.

As had been our plans for the whole holiday we had Disney bounding outfits planned for the week, today was princess day and I was belle with custom made ears and kirsty was Snow White with customs made rose gold ears (as a side note these ended up being a massive talking point as everyone antes them!).

No time for breakfast before leaving we were up dress and photos at the bus stop while waiting for the bus at 8am!

As there is work going on at the train station there is no rope drop and you are instead allowed straight into the park, this was actually a brilliant thing as we got to get photos have a look through the shops, pick up some pandora charms that we had both been after (sleeping beauty fairies and belles rose for me and limited edition sparkly one for kirsty).

Further walk up to the castle and a few stops for photopass photos where we saw a couple get engaged was very sweet!
We then headed to the rope hold area of tomorrow land for our first ride of the day buzz.

Next up was Astro orbitors and I'm super afraid of heights but kirsty was all for it and I was trying to embrace new things.

I was petrified but it was fun and kirsty I'm pretty sure you laughed at me the whole way round 😳

Do to taking no notes just photos I can't remember the exact order we did next but I think we headed to 7DMT for our fastpass!

Yip kirsty still picture perfect gemma still clinging on for dear life 😳

Then a quick stop at little mermaid before some big top breakfast treats!

Healthy breakfast and dodgy photos done 🙈 and it was time for a quick consultation of the touring plans. We seemed to be on track and where actually doing great timing wise, we decided on a bathroom break so I could check out the tangelos toilets...so in love with these!

Then we popped over to haunted mansion it had a 30 minute stated queue time but actually felt much quicker and we knew this was the best time to ride before our BOG lunch!

For our walk back to fantasy land we popped into castle Couture as I love the set up of the Cinderella dress, but more importantly kirsty had been after a dress! Being the skinny thing that she is she was sure she could fit in the Childs princess dresses...

... she can

We contemplated this being her race outfit but fear of sheer itchy material becoming a pain during 13.1miles stopped that plan, although I'm expecting her to come back with one of these eventually!

Anyway it was now time for BOG and I was so excited! I love beauty and the beast and belle is my favourite so this was the big thing I was waiting for and kirsty loves the French onion soup!

The food was really good the croque is awesome and I really enjoyed the masters cupcake. Kirsty had said she didn't love it last time but it tasted much better this time around (although we both agreed that my Pinterest inspired homemade grey stuff we had at one of our planning nights was maybe better!)

Me taking photos of all the food! Totally loving how well coordinated my outfit was with our lunch venue, oh actually while on that we got so many lovely comments today about our "cute outfits" it was so nice and made for spotting other blunders so easy as well.

In to adventure land for some Magic Carpet flying, dole whip and then finally our jungle cruise fastpass.

I will say at this point the park had got so busy everything had wait times of at least 70mins but sticking with touring plans we managed to somehow get the carpets when they were 30mins but the queue went crazy pretty much straight after we got on them.

This was my first time on jungle cruise I loved it and all the cheesy jokes, kirsty loved the hot jungle cruise captain 🙄

Anyway our fastpasses were finished so we hit the app and managed to get on for dumbo straight after we got off our cruise through the jungle, perfect!

After dumbo I stupidly managed to loose my sunglasses not sure how but they never did turn up!

We managed to grab one last fastpass for the teacups again I'd never done this it was so fun think I was more into that than kirsty this time.

Once we were off the tea cups we checked the app and the park was just at super busy levels now with no fastpasses until late in he evening. I think we were both flagging and we're contemplating hitting the springs again so decided to get the bus back to the hotel and decide what to do next.

When we got back to the hotel we dropped bags at the room then headed for the bus stop sadly we just missed a springs bus and as we sat there the expected arrival time of the next one kept getting later and later. So we decided to hit up the food court for make your own pasta for dinner and have an early night!

Think we were both fast asleep by 10pm obviously after we had set off the special fireworks on the headboards!

Thanks for reading and all your lovely comments on our travel day! I will try and get Day 2 (drinking round Epcot) up a soon as possible! Xx

app 11 Mar 17 11:24 AM

New Photo Added by gtyrel10 - 11 Mar 17 10:24 AM.

Excited6910 11 Mar 17 05:26 PM

Fab first day! Cant wait to read more :)

Guest 11 Mar 17 06:12 PM

The only day we didn't touch a drop of alcohol the entire trip!

The ears were from the fantastic ImagineEars, I contacted them through here and throughout the entire trip we got comments on them!

emmabanana 11 Mar 17 07:30 PM

Great first day. Looking forward to the rest x

Jake71 11 Mar 17 09:35 PM

Brilliant first day, love the outfits and ears.

mick 11 Mar 17 09:55 PM

Great first day :spin:

Joan :wave:

thefourDs 12 Mar 17 12:15 AM

Great read! I like both of your outfits :)
Looking forward to reading about day 2.

What did you make of the food court at POR? We go in August & my husband keeps complaining that he'll be eating junk for two weeks!

Guest 12 Mar 17 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefourDs (Post 12355465)
Great read! I like both of your outfits :)
Looking forward to reading about day 2.

What did you make of the food court at POR? We go in August & my husband keeps complaining that he'll be eating junk for two weeks!

I've stayed in POR a few times, and really rate the food court. Without many spoilers of our trip report (! ) we had the pasta on this day, enjoyed a pizza another night and had a great make your own salad another night.

There is a good selection, breakfast has the usual mickey waffles/bacon etc and also a yoghurt parfait bar, dinner and lunch times have make your own pasta, a carvery, a salad bar (which is never busy!) and also the typical burgers etc.

The options in the parks as well are so much better than they used to be, its easy to avoid the rubbish now!

gtyrel10 12 Mar 17 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excited6910 (Post 12354542)
Fab first day! Cant wait to read more :)

Thank you it was such a good day we were so surprised by how much we got done considering how busy the park was!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsamac (Post 12354657)
The only day we didn't touch a drop of alcohol the entire trip!

The ears were from the fantastic ImagineEars, I contacted them through here and throughout the entire trip we got comments on them!

Thanks Kirsty, i couldn't remember the name of girl who did the Ears, my B&TB ones were from the same person and they are stunning. But year everyone was a big fan of the rose gold :wave: