theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cirque Du Soleil (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=999014)

papasmurf 7 Jan 17 04:41 PM

Cirque Du Soleil

Just looking at some additional tickets. Looking to book up BlueMan, Kennedy and Cirque.

Blue man and Kennedy for 4 of us are coming out at about £270 for both.

Cirque is £230 for that alone. Is it worth it? Seems really expensive

I've looked at ATD and Florida Tix and the prices are comparible.

What are the chances of getting some deals when we get out there? Going in June/July

TINKERBELL44 7 Jan 17 04:44 PM

ATD are giving free tickets with certain purchases, we had 3 free tickets with our Disney tickets

papasmurf 7 Jan 17 04:47 PM

Thanks, I saw that and got excited, until I realised it was just with disney tickets. I'm staying onsite with disney and already booked the tickets with free DDP.

Mel49 9 Jan 17 09:26 PM

I joined the Cirque Club on their website under advice from DIBB and then had promotional offer for cheaper tickets - I can't remember the exact price but similar to Blue Man Group as we went to both.
On the Agenda to go to Cirque again with the kids when we eventually go back but personally would not bother with Blue Man again. Also it doesn't really matter where you sit as there is so much going on on stage so the cheaper tickets are just as good.

waiting4disney 10 Jan 17 08:22 PM

In December you could go and watch rehearsals on Tuesdays (and either Thursday or Friday can't remember). We did this and if you booked tickets after you got 20% off.
It looked like all seats were good as well so maybe try cheaper seats.

disneytrio 10 Jan 17 09:12 PM

We have had free tickets for cirque with our 14day Disney ticket fro ATD, I was pleased about it asit's been 8 years since we last saw it.

Guest 10 Jan 17 10:54 PM

my sis in law treated us a few years ago, I'm not really a "circus" fan in any shape or form, it was the most brilliant night Ive had, stunning show, would happily want to see again as there is so much going on you don't know what to watch first:)

TEL N KEL 10 Jan 17 11:42 PM

Is it worth it ?

IMO Yes it is I have been twice both shows were different and both were amazing it is not like a circus as we imagine it is a show with so much going on sometimes you do not know where to look.
All seats give a good veiw
This year will be my third time going as I think it is a great way to spend an evening watch the show then go for a meal.

scoobydooby 13 Jan 17 12:34 AM

It's dependent upon what entertains you but I thought Blue Man Group was a stupid thing and would not ever go again. The kids liked it. Now. Cirque I could happily watch every trip it is spectacular. Then talent is breathtaking.

Tetrarch 13 Jan 17 09:16 AM

I'm of the same opinion as most others who have posted so far. I would happily go and watch Cirque again even though I've seen it twice before. Totally stunning. Found BMG a complete waste of money and will never go back. Utter drivel.

Sign up to the Cirque Club and you might get a special promotion, although you are travelling during high season so maybe unlikely. All seats in the theatre have a good view and IMO, the ones behind the central walkway actually offer a better view with so much going on both on the stage and sometimes around the theatre itself.

Debra