theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   “Free” memory maker (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1055970)

Eeyorefanuk 20 Nov 17 03:30 PM

“Free” memory maker

I have the above but what do I do now 😆
Do I get a card from photopass photographer
Or show them something?
I see you can view photos but can I do that while there or will I lose them?

floridasgirl 20 Nov 17 03:35 PM

The first photo you have taken you either get your magic band (if you have them) scanned or the photographer will give you a card and you show each subsequent photographer this.
You wont lose them by viewing them on holiday.
If you are not staying on site i would recommend buying magic bands as it saves getting park tickets out all the time for entry or fast pass access and is easy for photographs

Scully 20 Nov 17 03:35 PM

Just hand them your park ticket / Annual Pass / Magic Band - then the images appear in the MDE.
Do you use the app? If so you can 'see as you go'

Nimbus 20 Nov 17 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk (Post 12951516)
I have the above but what do I do now 😆
Do I get a card from photopass photographer
Or show them something?
I see you can view photos but can I do that while there or will I lose them?

All you have to use is your theme park ticket or Magic Band (if you have one).

First, have you got a MyDisneyExperience account and have you linked your tickets to that? If not, then go to the main US Disney website (here) and sign in. Once you have an account, link your tickets here. You don't have to do anything else before you go - the free Memory Maker will work automatically.

When you get to Orlando, whenever you have your photo taken by a Disney photographer, let them scan your ticket (or Magic Band). That will then link the photos taken by the CM to your MyDisneyExperience (MDE) account. You can then view the photos in the Photopass section of MDE either using the website or via the Disney app.

At rides that offer a photo, scan your ticket under the screen showing your photo to link it to your account.

Then, when you get home, you can download the photos to a PC/laptop. I think the photos stay available for 45 days so make sure you download them within about a month of returning.

Yordaman 21 Nov 17 08:59 AM

A further benefit of getting Magic Bands (as well as making it easier to scan onto rides rather than to have to get tickets out each time) is that on most rides the RFID technology in the bands will recognise that you've been on the ride and automatically add your ride photo into your MDE account (you don't need to scan your band/ticket under the photo in the post-ride area).

Also, on specific rides, you will also get a short video of you on the ride sent to your account - to the best of my knowledge this is only on Seven Dwarves in MK and Tower of Terror in HS. The videos aren't much, but a nice little extra, just for having a band on.

Jessiemae 21 Nov 17 01:57 PM

We're here at moment and just scan ride photos to magic band where you view them or get photographer to scan but a lot of time they go automatically. They are available for 30 days on MDE.

RobertWestwood 21 Nov 17 02:01 PM

I would reiterate the advice to get magic bands even if off site it makes using memory maker much easier

Don't forget to ask the photographers to apply special effects at times as well. You will know they are doing it when they ask you to pose in a certain way, especially in Animal Kingdome

sw16 23 Nov 17 11:34 AM

It's definitely worth getting magic bands it makes thing much easier. Even if it was just 1 for your group to get the photos on. Also means you automatically get the ride video for the 7 dwarves mine train which is really cool.

Ball81 23 Nov 17 12:38 PM

Can you buy the Magic Bands in UK prior to traveling. was thinking of purchasing for kids Birthdays to include in the surprise?

Scully 23 Nov 17 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball81 (Post 12955193)
Can you buy the Magic Bands in UK prior to traveling. was thinking of purchasing for kids Birthdays to include in the surprise?

Not officially, you can get them on eBay though.