theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 11 - Shopping,Cheesecake Factory & HS (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1005411)

codym 11 Feb 17 02:23 PM

Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 11 - Shopping,Cheesecake Factory & HS

This morning started with breakfast at the villa. There had been a little panic with teabags, I'm addicted to tea and always use the m&s extra strong teabags at home. I had brought a packet with me thinking there was 80 in it but there was only 40... major panic as the only place I could get a cup of tea I liked was Starbucks so I used my own anywhere else until I tried Dunkin Donuts black tea one of the days, it was surprisingly good so seeing as there was a DD just up the road from the villa Robbie was sent to get tea from there and of course a few snacks ;) The little hash browns from here are lovely :) As are the donut holes...

Our first stop of the day was the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. We had never been here before. We went to Tommy Hilfiger, Gap & The Theme Park Outlet. We were mainly shopping for presents to bring back today.

In TH I got 2 pairs of flip flops for myself, a top for me, 2 pairs of socks for my Dad (he loves these socks!) & a top & bag for my niece. $94 for the lot :)

Theme Park Outlet was next, it wasn't great, a few bargains though. I got an Elsa top & Minnie teddy for my goddaughter, $20.

Always have to look in Gap so went there next and got 2 pairs of shorts & a top for $30. I had been looking at the navy shorts in the Gap outlet store in Dublin during the summer and they were €38 there! There was 50% off in this shop and I had an email for a further 40%. I would say the bargains in this particular Gap store are better than the other outlets.

After Gap we left and drove to the Mall at Millenia. I love this mall. Anywhere with the Cheesecake Factory is always a winner :) We had a look around, Robbie bought in Tommy Bahama as usual and I went to White House Black Market. Tried on lots of different things but wasn't really happy with anything and bought nothing. Resisted the temptation of visiting Tiffanys as I knew I wouldn't be purchasing anything there this year so thought it best to just stay out! Had a look in Macy's and bought some Xmas decorations. I love the Villeroy & Boch Xmas stuff, it's really old fashioned and traditional looking but is so expensive here so I always try to get something over there. Picked up the V&B nutcracker tree decorations & the Macy's flip flop tree decoration for $30.

It was now time for lunch :)
I actually took photos of this meal!

Actually I only photographed my own ;)

Take away cheesecake, we are always too full to eat it there.

We went back to the villa for an hour & then went to HS where we had FP for Star Tours, Tower of Terror & Fantasmic.
ST & ToT were great as usual. We had never done Fantasmic before so we're really excited about this.

Waiting for the show to start :)

Hmmm, I know this will be an unpopular opinion here on the dibb but we thought Fantasmic was a bit rubbish. Glad we did it but I wouldn't bother doing it again!
We headed home to the villa after :)

app 11 Feb 17 02:41 PM

New Photo Added by codym - 11 Feb 17 1:41 PM.

Jake71 14 Feb 17 02:37 PM

Some nice bits of shopping today again. Of all the night time shows I would say, much as I like it, Fantasmic probably comes in at the bottom of my list and if I had to miss it, it wouldn't be a disaster.

mick 14 Feb 17 05:01 PM

A good day:spin:

Joan :wave:

scottishvixen 19 Feb 17 05:46 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of Fantasmic either. It's worthwhile to see once but certainly isn't a must do show every visit for us

codym 19 Feb 17 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12286331)
Some nice bits of shopping today again. Of all the night time shows I would say, much as I like it, Fantasmic probably comes in at the bottom of my list and if I had to miss it, it wouldn't be a disaster.

I won't bother with it again :erm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurad107 (Post 12286552)
I didn't really think fantasmic was that great either.

:grin: I really don't see the fuss about it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12286615)
A good day:spin:

Joan :wave:

Thanks x

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishvixen (Post 12298561)
I'm not the biggest fan of Fantasmic either. It's worthwhile to see once but certainly isn't a must do show every visit for us

:thumbs-up nope, we won't do it again!

Thanks for reading x

Twinklestar1 24 Feb 17 04:01 PM

We thought the same as you with fantasmic x

disneytrio 27 Feb 17 09:01 PM

Some great bargains again, you have an eye for them, another great day!

codym 5 Mar 17 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 (Post 12312808)
We thought the same as you with fantasmic x

:d: Thanks for reading x

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneytrio (Post 12323284)
Some great bargains again, you have an eye for them, another great day!

Thanks for reading x

lallan 18 Mar 17 05:40 PM

Lots of bargains to be had in GAP store at LBV outlets.

Not been to Cheesecake Factory for a few years and hoping to get there this trip...those cheesecake pics just sealed the deal!