theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Best viewing areas for Happily and Illuminations (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132968)

WelshSara 14 Jun 19 11:07 AM

Best viewing areas for Happily and Illuminations

Where did you go to watch these night shows? I'd like to try and pinpoint the best possible places. Do people stand? Sit?

Pluchesteven1 14 Jun 19 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshSara (Post 13901414)
Where did you go to watch these night shows? I'd like to try and pinpoint the best possible places. Do people stand? Sit?

I heard something about the bridge near the french pavilion...
I am going to try that spot when i go in July.

WelshSara 15 Jun 19 06:35 AM

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Any advice for the Happily Ever After show?

toonarmani 15 Jun 19 06:44 AM

For Epcot we sit(or stand) on the bridge between England and France (a couple of boats moor below here so should be a good spot) and in MK we sit(or stand) on the AstroTurf area in the hub in front of the castle.

Charl_bb 15 Jun 19 07:21 AM

We sat on the bridge between England and France for Illuminations, it was a great view, although I think anywhere round the showcase is good. We watched Happily Ever After from the train station at the top of main street, the projections weren't as clear as if we'd been closer but it was an amazing view of the whole of main St and quick out afterwards!

GezzasGem 15 Jun 19 07:34 AM

Great tips, thanks OP for starting thread! Out of interest, at the end of Illuminations can you exit via the walkway that takes you to boardwalk area? Never done this before but likely to be in France area for the show and just curious! Thanks x

Mrs Red C 15 Jun 19 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GezzasGem (Post 13902749)
Great tips, thanks OP for starting thread! Out of interest, at the end of Illuminations can you exit via the walkway that takes you to boardwalk area? Never done this before but likely to be in France area for the show and just curious! Thanks x

Yes, through the International Gateway. If anyone views from the bridge near France then get there early!

THECRAZYMOUSE 15 Jun 19 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshSara (Post 13901414)

Hi, yes the bridge between the UK and France is a good place to watch Illuminations, but does get very busy! But if you look at the menu on the righthand side of the page and scroll down to Illuminations smoke, hover above this and you would see that today you would not want to watch from that bridge as the smoke will affect your view. So check that first and there are plenty of other areas to view it 🙂 To watch HEA anywhere in front of the castle! But importantly since there are projections on the castle, you need be able to see all of it. You will need to arrive early to get a good spot! You might get to sit to wait until they start, then unfortunately most will stand 🙂

Stepaway 15 Jun 19 10:48 AM

How early do people start camping out for a spot at HEA?

Mrs Red C 15 Jun 19 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepaway (Post 13903030)
How early do people start camping out for a spot at HEA?

At least an hour, if not longer🙄