theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Earlier or later flights... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136334)

arielrocks 10 Jul 19 04:37 PM

Earlier or later flights...

Which do people prefer? Do they generally have an impact on immigration?

We fly from Gatwick so usually
Have a choice between 11 something or 1 something.

Any thoughts?

ClaireNJ 10 Jul 19 05:02 PM

Would always prefer the earlier flight as it gives you more time to get sorted when you arrive, drive to hotel,unpacking dinner etc ;)

Loobylou_82 10 Jul 19 05:07 PM

I prefer the later flight. When we have got the hire car and arrived at accommodation , we quickly unpack, then go to Walmart/Publix for supplies , have a bite to eat and then bed. This means we are on Florida time and going to sleep at about 11pm. Don't do any parks on arrival day but we stay off site. If the earlier flight was cheaper I would do that, but I hate getting up in the night to go on holiday. Just my own preference. It's still along day whichever flight you choose

philo2 10 Jul 19 05:09 PM

We’ve done both but prefer to land early now so we can drive to our destination in the daylight.

Lindsk 10 Jul 19 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ (Post 13947760)
Would always prefer the earlier flight as it gives you more time to get sorted when you arrive, drive to hotel,unpacking dinner etc ;)

Our November flight has been moved to the 10.10am so we have to get a hotel the night before, and will make the most of it of course, but already booked for May on the 1pm...

Kat11 10 Jul 19 05:47 PM

I would pick the earlier flight. We stay at a hotel airport the night before so a 10-11am flight suits us better. I also like landing earlier so we can have a wonder, eat, unpack and enjoy being there for a few hours before bed.

Kat

RickT 10 Jul 19 05:58 PM

i pick the cheapest.

Andybear 10 Jul 19 06:01 PM

I fly with Virgin from Gatwick in September and when I book there's only ever one available - the 1.00ish one. So I book that one. Last year though they changed me onto one about 11.00 and when I went onto the website and did a dummy booking only the earlier one was available. This year I'm on the 1.00 as yet again that was the only one available to book at the time.

arielrocks 11 Jul 19 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andybear (Post 13947855)
I fly with Virgin from Gatwick in September and when I book there's only ever one available - the 1.00ish one. So I book that one. Last year though they changed me onto one about 11.00 and when I went onto the website and did a dummy booking only the earlier one was available. This year I'm on the 1.00 as yet again that was the only one available to book at the time.

Yeah I’ve had that happen a few times with them. It’s very annoying!

Ritz 11 Jul 19 09:20 AM

Early flight going out and late coming home. Get every minute we can over there.
In May we have 9.55 from Manchester and due to land before 2pm, so could be sat in the pool by 4pm.