theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin 2021 cancellation thread (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1197470)

stanleycamel 18 Jun 21 10:38 PM

Virgin 2021 cancellation thread

I have decided that the time has thankfully come at last to close this thread as flights are starting to ramp up and we are now at the stage where DIBB members can find out for themselves about their upcoming flights.

For those on the Dibb who have supported the efforts to keep this thread up to date I thank you all.

AND BYE BYE . . . :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Kat11 18 Jun 21 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleycamel (Post 15014797)
Virgin Atlantic appear to have cancelled their direct LHR-MCO services up to and including 5th August.

Revised timetable now scheduled as from 6th August.

This thread has been started to clarify the position for any Virgin Atlantic passengers as there didn't seem to be a dedicated thread. Please feel free to add your own post about any cancellations you may have received.

So sorry for everyone affected.

And from Manchester 😢

Kat

stanleycamel 18 Jun 21 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat11 (Post 15014802)
And from Manchester 😢

Kat

Thanks for the information Kat11 -have updated title and first post to reflect the MAN cancellations too.

Twinniemum 18 Jun 21 11:46 PM

Has anyone actually had a cancellation confirmation? Or is this just flights no longer on sale for these dates?

I know that's the initial stage and the next step is usually cancellations, but just wondering if anyone has got the email yet.

We fly 10th August so still just holding on, but never dreamed we could be the trail blazers! I was so hopeful people would get there in July. This feels the start of a write off for the summer holidays and just when I was feeling positive today!

itz_baseline 19 Jun 21 12:09 AM

We fly 30th July. On the app our flights are still showing as booked. We haven't received a cancellation mail. Though it looks like we can no longer book flights for our dates.

Not sure what this means but thought I would post this in case it helps.

Ooberjay 19 Jun 21 12:41 AM

Im the same, flights booked for the 27th July, we got the tickets emailed early hours Friday morning, nothing official as yet but it aint looking good .

Helenr 19 Jun 21 02:53 AM

My July 22nd flights still showing

jue40 19 Jun 21 05:29 AM

Our flights for 5th from Manchester still showing - just waiting for the email. Only booked them on Wednesday after our Aer Lingus flights were pulled!
Julie

Ayefour 19 Jun 21 06:14 AM

I was told that the flight was still confirmed (aug 1st) last night when I dm’d virgin via Twitter but the fact that it has been taken off sale does not fill me with confidence.

BevS97 19 Jun 21 07:02 AM

My flights have gone from the virgin website but are still active on Air France (code share). I assume they will be cancelled by Air France shortly as well. And then I can request a refund.