theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Sorry another Anaheim accommodation question? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1200690)

gjdjud 1 Aug 21 11:55 AM

Sorry another Anaheim accommodation question?

Sorry another question :blush Anaheim is very new for me! I’ve whittled down to 3 choices;) HOJO, Hyatt Place or Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Mini Suites.

I’m pretty sure I know what I’m getting with the first two listed but it’s the Best Western thats a bit of a unknown. Has anyone stayed there? It’s across the road from the parks, pretty good price, free breakfast BUT I’m unsure about the motel aspect of it, no room safe and I heard some of the motels can be quite noisy but I like the location. Any thoughts. Absolutely no YouTube videos on it unless years ago but no 1 on Disneytouristblog places to stay.

duchy 1 Aug 21 12:07 PM

Trip Advisor reviews look good and the location is excellent. Best Western is a franchise so possibly it had another name previously ?
Based on looking at TA I’d probably book it.

gjdjud 1 Aug 21 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchy (Post 15079959)
Trip Advisor reviews look good and the location is excellent. Best Western is a franchise so possibly it had another name previously ?
Based on looking at TA I’d probably book it.

Thank you. I usually avoid Trip Advisor as it’s so harsh:grin: I’ll have a look.

Caz_&_Ryster 1 Aug 21 09:11 PM

Hi there. We stayed at the Best Western a few years ago and it was fine. The location is great and only a few minutes to the security check at the parks! Breakfast was ample too. The room was big and the beds comfortable. The noise didn’t bother us at all. We had no complaints.
I’m sure I used a safe deposit box at the front desk.
We have booked again to stay next July, so are hoping it hasn’t changed too much.🤞

MichelleS 1 Aug 21 09:24 PM

We stayed at the country inn and suites , would definitely recommend.

macdonald 1 Aug 21 10:55 PM

Candy Cane inn

gjdjud 3 Aug 21 08:54 AM

I think I've decided against a motel. I'm going to choose either Hyatt House, HOJO and I'm adding in Courtyard by Marriott to the mix. I'll just see based on prices when all are available to book. Disneyland hotels are too pricey but tempting! Have to say I don't like the look of Paradise Pier though.

Caz_&_Ryster 3 Aug 21 02:50 PM

We have stayed at the Homewood Suites at Garden Grove when not staying opposite or at the Candy Cane Inn. It’s opposite Target which is handy and a nice walk to the park in the morning, although last time we got an Uber each morning which was about $10, give or take.

KarenG 3 Aug 21 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15082504)
I think I've decided against a motel. I'm going to choose either Hyatt House, HOJO and I'm adding in Courtyard by Marriott to the mix. I'll just see based on prices when all are available to book. Disneyland hotels are too pricey but tempting! Have to say I don't like the look of Paradise Pier though.

Hi George :)

HOJO is motel style IIRC - just checking you’re aware.

We’ve picked up a car at Paradise Pier and also eaten there - I think it’s very expensive for what it is. Some offsite hotels are closer to the parks than PP is.

gjdjud 3 Aug 21 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 15083540)
Hi George :)

HOJO is motel style IIRC - just checking you’re aware.

We’ve picked up a car at Paradise Pier and also eaten there - I think it’s very expensive for what it is. Some offsite hotels are closer to the parks than PP is.

You could be right, it does say it’s a hotel. I’ll do some more checking. I definitely don’t see cars parked outside the rooms like the Best Western etc on vlogs and photos.