theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Feel so much better now re Genie+ (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202131)

aydeepee 21 Aug 21 08:48 AM

Feel so much better now re Genie+

Simply because I took to my email and (constructively) aired by frustrations/upset to the CEO of Disney Parks, and did the same to WDW Guest Services! :grumpy:

Dont expect a reply but it was extremely cathartic!
Highly recommended! lol

YorkshireT 21 Aug 21 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydeepee (Post 15107305)
Simply because I took to my email and (constructively) aired by frustrations/upset to the CEO of Disney Parks, and did the same to WDW Guest Services! :grumpy:

Highly recommended! lol

They will have had tens of thousands, and are so understaffed, even guest queries are taking over a week to answer, so unfortunately I’d expect only a stock reply at best if I was you.

Donz1979 21 Aug 21 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydeepee (Post 15107305)

Highly recommended! lol

I was going to do this for fact when ai purchased tickets fast pass was included!

aydeepee 21 Aug 21 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 15107310)
They will have had tens of thousands, and are so understaffed, even guest queries are taking over a week to answer, so unfortunately I’d expect only a stock reply at best if I was you.

Not really that bothered with a reply - it was just so therapeutic to send!

marlouwrig 21 Aug 21 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydeepee (Post 15107314)
Not really that bothered with a reply - it was just so therapeutic to send!

I know exactly what you mean. It really helps in making sense of things to set your feelings down in writing when you are hit with complicated information which (in my case anyway) provokes conflicting responses.

I often do it - even if I don't send it anywhere:erm:

Rac20 21 Aug 21 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donz1979 (Post 15107313)
I was going to do this for fact when ai purchased tickets fast pass was included!

I’d forgotten that detail.

I really need to read up on what’s happening with the Genie thing but can’t muster any enthusiasm to do so.

AnnieB 21 Aug 21 11:09 AM

It's a good idea for everyone to write and let them know how unpopular it is.

Shifu 21 Aug 21 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlouwrig (Post 15107324)
I often do it - even if I don't send it anywhere:erm:

I’m so guilty of that! I sometimes belt out an email then put it to one side for half an hour then look at it again, only to not bother pressing send.
And then of course there are the times I do send 😂

Nice one OP… you can relax now you’ve done that. Until your Wdw holiday of course when you’ll be up at 6:45am or running round the parks glued to your phone. 😂

Elmhurst 5 21 Aug 21 01:21 PM

I too will be writing to Mr Chapek. Paying nearly £500 for 14day ticket and now having to pay an additional $15per day per person just to able to get on a ride. It will mean looking at your phone all day every day trying to get a slot for a ride. Thats not a holiday at all. At the end of the day we are not like our US friends that are only in Disney for 3/4 days, UK guests spend on average 12 days of their days out of 14 in the parks and we are also eating and drinking - spending money that Disney say they desperately need. So, another £132 pp on top of our ticket price.

SamH88 21 Aug 21 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 (Post 15107724)
I too will be writing to Mr Chapek. Paying nearly £500 for 14day ticket and now having to pay an additional $15per day per person just to able to get on a ride. It will mean looking at your phone all day every day trying to get a slot for a ride. Thats not a holiday at all. At the end of the day we are not like our US friends that are only in Disney for 3/4 days, UK guests spend on average 12 days of their days out of 14 in the parks and we are also eating and drinking - spending money that Disney say they desperately need. So, another £132 pp on top of our ticket price.

Genuine question, do you have the same issue with Universal Express passes that are far more expensive than the new Genie passes?

As I said in another thread, nobody is being forced to spend extra money if they don't want to. You don't have to pay $15 a day "just to get on a ride" at all because you have the option to just queue for free like many people have always done.