theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   30 mins early park entry for staying onsite rides here. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202317)

YorkshireT 23 Aug 21 08:45 PM

30 mins early park entry for staying onsite rides here.

I am surprised the apparently defunct TrieceraTop Spin is listed ! Maybe it’ll make a comeback.

Some notable exceptions. These are Rise and Ratatouille.

I’d suggest if on site you head to one of the Disney Genie up charge rides first- at least that’s what we would do.

loldis 23 Aug 21 08:48 PM

Spin is still running, it's whirl that closed.

Looks like MK is still only the right side of the park. Won't need to bother getting up early that day then.

ETA: Safari used to run in EMH though didn't it? Not on the list. :confused:

YorkshireT 23 Aug 21 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15110743)
Spin is still running, it's whirl that closed.

Looks like MK is still only the right side of the park. Won't need to bother getting up early that day then.

Sorry I’m getting my glorified carnival rides mixed up! Yes you are correct of course.

loldis 23 Aug 21 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 15110749)
Sorry I’m getting my glorified carnival rides mixed up! Yes you are correct of course.

I give them about six months before they shut Dinoland down. So you're probably correct anyway. :d:

YorkshireT 23 Aug 21 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15110753)
I give them about six months before they shut Dinoland down. So you're probably correct anyway. :d:

Yes the longest ‘temporary’ filler land ever I suspect. I read at one point a rumour Indian Jones may go in, but I can’t see Bob spending that sort of money.

loldis 23 Aug 21 09:06 PM

He might once he realises they're unlikely to hit their Genie+ targets on it, since FOP is the only attraction that really needs a FP now. Although they'll want to IP it and I'm not sure what would fit other than Indiana Jones.

The rest of AK is so intricately detailed then you enter Dinoland and it's like did Joe give up before he finished the job?

assos 23 Aug 21 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 15110759)
Yes the longest ‘temporary’ filler land ever I suspect. I read at one point a rumour Indian Jones may go in, but I can’t see Bob spending that sort of money.

Indiana Jones would make sense - as the Dinosaur ride is the same as the Indiana Jones one at Disneyland - except (stating the obvious) with a different theme.

As for Chapek not spending the money I'm inclined to disagree - although I don't think we'll see anything in the near future, while COVID delayed projects are still being completed.

I disagree because:

Pandora,
Toy Story Land,
Galaxy's Edge

Were all completed under Chapek's watch as head of Parks & Resorts.

If they need something to drive attendance (again not likely in the near term), then they'd be able to create a new land relatively on the cheap - with a major attraction they could just retheme already in place.

If they add a new big attraction, that gives more potential to charge for LL / IAS.

I could of course be completely wrong, just my thoughts!

JoJoBell 23 Aug 21 09:10 PM

Am I right in thinking that it is all four parks that will have EMH (or half hour)
If so, that will surely help with crowd levels

loldis 23 Aug 21 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoBell (Post 15110784)
Am I right in thinking that it is all four parks that will have EMH (or half hour)
If so, that will surely help with crowd levels

Yes. It's half an hour at all four parks every day from October, instead of the old EMH set days.

JoJoBell 23 Aug 21 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15110787)
Yes. It's half an hour at all four parks every day from October, instead of the old EMH set days.

I thought so

It will hopefully spread the EMH crowds out as sometime we have found they were really really big