theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   November '21 - ready to give up yet? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203226)

unixgirl 7 Sep 21 07:46 AM

November '21 - ready to give up yet?

I was on the positivity thread for Nov and was so confident that the US would open up but now I'm pretty much convinced that Biden has zero intention of opening the border. I've got 2 trips booked - one in Nov 21 and the second in Mar 22 and I'm not even convinced the March one will go ahead. I just can't see what the justification is - US has higher rates of Coronavirus and lower vaccination rates than most of Europe but still the keep the border shut. Anyone else ready to call a close on 2021 US travel?

Scotsmomma2 7 Sep 21 07:59 AM

We're December and March and I'm about to throw the towel in on the December one😥 We're due to go on March 1st which is about 7 weeks after we were due home from our Christmas trip and I'm losing hope for that one too,gutted at the thought as we were going to see André Rieu at the Amway 🙄

daztomlo 7 Sep 21 08:12 AM

We are due to go end of May 22, and to be honest I dont think that will happen either. It is hard to be positive about any planned trip isnt it.

Shifu 7 Sep 21 08:13 AM

I’ve thrown the towel in on December as even if they open up I wouldn’t be able to relax with all the Covid extras.
I have an August 22 booked, and I’m waiting to transfer my flight dates over once they’re released soon. But can’t even get excited about that.

sully301 7 Sep 21 08:25 AM

Not sure. I know it probably will get cancelled but keen to go if things change. Maybe by then things will be a little better in USA? Certainly wouldn't travel right now with hospitals at breaking point

Dazed 7 Sep 21 08:28 AM

We are meant to be going right at the end of October into November and we have given up hope. Just waiting for BA to cancel our flights. We will go as soon as we are allowed in, but for the first time since the beginning of 2020 we won’t be booking our next flight in. This makes me sad as I love to have it booked to look forward to but after 8 cancelled trips I’ve had enough now 😢

Yorkie2021 7 Sep 21 08:36 AM

I’m November too, but you have to keep the faith.

I’ve been told by someone who is friends with one of the UK committee members working on reopening the corridor that I’ll definitely be going on my holiday on the 15th. We also heard murmurings yesterday in Politico, a very reliable source on government matters that Shapps is close to agreeing a deal and will be announced “in the coming weeks”.

I’m taking both at face value but there’s no smoke without fire.

princessnicki 7 Sep 21 08:41 AM

my balance isn't due until 12th October but we have given up and moved the deposit into credit account with the TA to rebook for Nov 2022

Endeavour 7 Sep 21 08:41 AM

Due to be heading for US two weeks today, but finally cancelled last Thursday. Next trip due in March, so can only wait to see how things develop over the Winter.

unixgirl 7 Sep 21 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkie2021 (Post 15127519)
I’m November too, but you have to keep the faith.

I’ve been told by someone who is friends with one of the UK committee members working on reopening the corridor that I’ll definitely be going on my holiday on the 15th. We also heard murmurings yesterday in Politico, a very reliable source on government matters that Shapps is close to agreeing a deal and will be announced “in the coming weeks”.

I saw your comment on this on the positivity thread (at least I think that was the thread) and got a tiny boost of hope but do you really think that Shapps is going to get a deal - or is he just thinking he will get a deal. Honestly I think this government is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.