theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Cosmopolitan Las Vegad (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1123528)

Blue nose 12 Apr 19 09:03 PM

Cosmopolitan Las Vegad

Just back from few days in LV with friends for DH 40th

We stayed in the Cosmopolitan with VH. Got a free room upgrade on check-in and free breakfast as part of deal.

The hotel was beautiful. Very busy and chic. Highly recommend to anyone looking to book.

Our room had two double beds, two TVs, two sinks, spa bath, massive walk-in shower plus balcony.

Hotel had two pools. This is view from one on level 4.

JoS 12 Apr 19 09:17 PM

Looks lovely. Not seen the rooms in the Cosmo before. Thanks for posting.

Floridaobsessed 13 Apr 19 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue nose (Post 13780728)
Just back from few days in LV with friends for DH 40th

We stayed in the Cosmopolitan with VH. Got a free room upgrade on check-in and free breakfast as part of deal.

The hotel was beautiful. Very busy and chic. Highly recommend to anyone looking to book.

Our room had two double beds, two TVs, two sinks, spa bath, massive walk-in shower plus balcony.
t
Hotel had two pools. This is view from one on level 4.

I’m there in 9 weeks! Hope we get an upgrade 🤞
Ther weren’t any fountain view rooms left at booking and we don’t have breakfast included either... ☹️
Regardless looks fab and still excited to see it. Thanks for the pics x

KarenG 13 Apr 19 01:47 PM

Looks amazing! I would love to stay here but it’s coming out way too expensive for my stay (£290/night). Was your breakfast at the Wicked Spoon? I LOVE it there!

Blue nose 13 Apr 19 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaobsessed (Post 13781597)
I’m there in 9 weeks! Hope we get an upgrade 🤞
Ther weren’t any fountain view rooms left at booking and we don’t have breakfast included either... ☹️
Regardless looks fab and still excited to see it. Thanks for the pics x

Friends got a standard fountain view room. We asked for free upgrade and got a balcony but on the other side of hotel. Was worth it for space as DH would sit on balcony whilst I slept in.

Yes, Wicked Spoon. Was lovely 😀

Think we got a bargain, from memory just under £800 each as a package Inc flights.

View from room

IlDivoette 13 Apr 19 03:58 PM

We are going in just over 8 weeks, our first time. Can you tell me a bit about the pool, was it the Boulevard or the Chelsea that you went to? DH are 50+ and don't look like either Jennifer Aniston or Brad Pitt :d:, so just wondering if its all beautiful young things? I would like to schedule in a few hours relaxing in the sun.

We have a fountain view, so also wondering what floor your friends were on and how good was their view. Not sure whether to ask for a higher floor or not.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing your photos and experiences. Wish we had breakfast included, but BA didn't offer that unfortunately.

:wave:

Blue nose 13 Apr 19 07:26 PM

There's two towers of rooms. We all were in the Chelsea tower. We were floor 47 and friends were higher, think it was 52.

We could see the Chelsea pool. It was on floor 14 under our room. I'll try and upload another pic.

On check-in they explained this pool was "quieter" and near the fitness suite. We never got there to see it.

We went to the other one on floor 4. It was lovely. We got there about 11 and there were plenty of sunbeds and free towels. We left about half 2 and it was busy by then. The other pool looked empty most days but it was really windy for our last 3 days so that might have been why.

We're not young, or skinny.
There's some beautiful people there in pieces of string for costumed. Althoughh DH is almost 40 the rest of us are mid 40s. There were many shapes and sizes. I didn't swim but friends did and said it was cold.

Buffet breakfast was about $32 each plus tip. Resort tax was $44 per night and hotel held $50 per night deposit on credit card for mini bar/ damages. I wasn't aware of deposit when booking ☹️

There's a "secret pizza" place open late at about $6 a slice - I only needed one. It's on floor 3 through a door that's locked during the day so you never see it.

DH had some luck on the electronic tables - particularly roulette. He'd gamble $20 and most times cashed in at $50-70.

Any other questions just ask.

IlDivoette 13 Apr 19 08:27 PM

Thank you very much for the info., I think i like the idea of the quieter pool. And definitely need to find the pizza place, so very good to know where to try and find it.

shepherdypie 13 Apr 19 09:35 PM

We stayed in the cosmopolitan in February and got upgraded to a one bed which was fantastic. Best hotel in Vegas for me and will defo go back.

Olympiad 13 Apr 19 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlDivoette (Post 13781982)
We have a fountain view, so also wondering what floor your friends were on and how good was their view. Not sure whether to ask for a higher floor or not.

We stayed in a fountain view room (with terrace) on the 35th floor. The pics below were taken from the terrace so give you an indication of view from that height etc.