theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Bare Necessities - Day 12 Sunday 11th August 2019 Magic Kingdom and California Grill Dinner (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1153890)

jothp 30 Dec 19 07:09 PM

How nice that you managed to meet back up with the lady from the bus in the morning. I've taught my girls to always give up their seat if they see someone who needs it more than they do and it annoys me too that others don't teach the same basic manners.

I've never done Splash Mountain as I don't like big drops. DH keeps trying to convince me that I'll like the rest of the ride more than I'll hate the drop but I'm not so sure.

Dinner at CG looks fantastic. I might have to add that one to our to do list.

Goldia 30 Dec 19 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jothp (Post 14219370)
How nice that you managed to meet back up with the lady from the bus in the morning. I've taught my girls to always give up their seat if they see someone who needs it more than they do and it annoys me too that others don't teach the same basic manners.

I've never done Splash Mountain as I don't like big drops. DH keeps trying to convince me that I'll like the rest of the ride more than I'll hate the drop but I'm not so sure.

Dinner at CG looks fantastic. I might have to add that one to our to do list.

It really was good to meet up with my bus friend. I'd felt so bad for her that she had to stand with her three girls, especially as 1 was clearly a toddler and the others were small too. The bus was packed and I had to help hold the little ones up. Anyway, it was great to hear what they'd got up to that day.

I'd say the same thing as your DH, it honestly isn't a bad drop. Do you go on BTMR? If so then that is worse than splash as it's fast. Splash is a lovely boat ride for the most part, like small world or pirates. Actually the drop is over before you know it and it's not a losing your belly sort of drop. The inside of the ride is spectacular. I love it!

jothp 30 Dec 19 07:27 PM

Thanks for that - maybe I'll give Splash a go then. I love BTMRR and 7 dwarfs. Fast has never bothered me I just don't like the stomach dropping sensation much. I did manage to do Jurrasic Park at Universal on one trip.

Goldia 30 Dec 19 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jothp (Post 14219397)
Thanks for that - maybe I'll give Splash a go then. I love BTMRR and 7 dwarfs. Fast has never bothered me I just don't like the stomach dropping sensation much. I did manage to do Jurrasic Park at Universal on one trip.

Splash is similar to the Jurrasic Park ride, but much, much better! If you like BTMR then you should be alright. Honestly, I'm much more bothered about getting a face full of water and trying to remember to duck a bit at the end of the drop, but after the photo. We have a whole duck and cover routine going on but only after the photo has been taken! I'd say try it out, at least then you'll know. Maybe book an early morning FP to get it out the way and perhaps don't eat before hand?

Splash is my favourite ride though even counting FOP, which is awesome and the Harry Potter rides at universal. Splash still wins for me.

OB1LukeLucas 24 Jan 20 07:21 PM

A great goodbye to MK, your meal finished the evening perfectly.
I love that you got to see the lady on the bus again to find out about her day! The lack of bus etiquette drives me insane at times, I hate that people do not move along the bus when the driver asks but my real pet hate is when there ends up being a spare seat for some reason but everyone around decides they would rather stand then sit and the whole bus is playing sardines!
I’m having a little giggle at the laundry motivation-especially as it only costs $3... I think it’s nearer $30 for the ‘deluxe’ washing with cocktails package 😆

Goldia 24 Jan 20 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 14256699)
A great goodbye to MK, your meal finished the evening perfectly.
I love that you got to see the lady on the bus again to find out about her day! The lack of bus etiquette drives me insane at times, I hate that people do not move along the bus when the driver asks but my real pet hate is when there ends up being a spare seat for some reason but everyone around decides they would rather stand then sit and the whole bus is playing sardines!
I’m having a little giggle at the laundry motivation-especially as it only costs $3... I think it’s nearer $30 for the ‘deluxe’ washing with cocktails package 😆

It was brilliant to catch up with her at the end of the day and to see what they had decided about haunted mansion.

The one seat being left vacant is always a weird thing, it's like no one wants to make the first move. Although after I've been walking round the parks in August I'm not surprised if people don't want to sit next to me on the bus home as I'm pretty sweaty on the way back.

Yep, that laundry was cheap ;) very reasonable for the deluxe package.