theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USA sign pre-clearance intention with Belgium (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180941)

stanleycamel 29 Sep 20 06:43 PM

USA sign pre-clearance intention with Belgium

The USA yesterday announced that it had signed an agreement with Belgium to allow a pre-clearance facility in Brussels Airport.

This has to be ratified by the Belgium government and the US/Belgium governments and Brussels airport have completed their internal procdedures.

It will be a long way off before it joins Dublin but it will add to the list of possibilities for Dibb members. Perhaps(and this is a big perhaps) the long established rumour that this may eventually happen in London may come to fruition.

Apologies to admin if this is in the wrong area of Dibb - feel free to move.

YorkshireT 29 Sep 20 08:01 PM

Manchester was meant to be next wasn’t it?

Dr.JumbaJookiba 29 Sep 20 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14663577)

Yeah, I was hoping the new T2 would finally see this implemented. It's been talked about since 2015.

99plums 29 Sep 20 10:45 PM

Quote:

Bloody hell, Manchester flights are way too expensive as it is, just imagine how much more they’ll be charging if pre-clearance is an option too😩🤑

YorkshireT 30 Sep 20 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba (Post 14663586)
Yeah, I was hoping the new T2 would finally see this implemented. It's been talked about since 2015.

Just doing some research. It was heavily touted around 2015 then was said to be maybe running into problems in 2018 and hasn’t really been mentioned since.

mental4ever 30 Sep 20 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99plums (Post 14663729)
Bloody hell, Manchester flights are way too expensive as it is, just imagine how much more they’ll be charging if pre-clearance is an option too😩🤑

I agree with you there. 🤑
Last time I flew to Dominican Republic from there I swore I would never use that Airport again. 🤬

Thorpy 30 Sep 20 01:02 PM

I'm quite happy with Manchester airport, in fact i'm missing it. I guess it is because I have a routine I'm comfortable with and know my way around. Also it's the closest to my house :)

The only consistent complaint in recent years was baggage reclaim always seemed to take ages. I have measured it at 45 mins which is objectively slow, but I also appreciate that the psychology of being tired and grumpy, and your holiday being over make it seem far worse.

Egon 30 Sep 20 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mental4ever (Post 14663804)
I agree with you there. 🤑
Last time I flew to Dominican Republic from there I swore I would never use that Airport again. 🤬

Manchester has certainly fallen behind, but recent renovations have made it 100 times better. I'm from Manchester but I agree, I still prefer to fly out of the London airports. They feel a bit classy.

stanleycamel 3 Oct 20 09:52 AM

Apparently Amsterdam may be one of the next pre-celarance airports - that would work well for UK connections on KLM. Time will tell.

skstorm 3 Oct 20 10:00 AM

Quote:

This would have been brilliant!