theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Resort? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=748120)

Treacle44 7 Oct 13 10:35 AM

Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Resort?

There's £30 price difference between the two for one night, which would you recommend with two children ((12 & 9).

Which is best location & pool wise? :)

Thanks

X

challybaby 7 Oct 13 10:48 AM

we have stayed at both but prefer hardrock, its a 5 minute walk to citywalk or a very short boat ride.
we have 2 teens and they loved hardrock and spent every night in the pool watching movies on the big screen

Tetrarch 7 Oct 13 10:55 AM

We have also stayed at both. RPR is closer to IoA, HRH is closer to US but nothing much in it location-wise, both within 10 minutes walk of the nearest park but there is also the boat option to/from either. We found the pool at HRH far too noisy with the films in the evening and the pool area was much nicer at RPR. Preferred the room decor though at HRH.

To be honest, you will spend so little time at the hotel with a one night stay I'd go with the cheaper option.

Debra

Mrs_Dazzle 7 Oct 13 12:12 PM

Toughy because they're both great hotels. Both have great pool areas (although HRH slightly bigger with slides), both within easy walking distance/water taxi rides of both parks and City Walk. Both offer poolside movies each night, both have nice rooms and excellent ambiance.

I think I'd therefore tend to agree with Tetrach and go for the cheapest, purely because for one night I couldn't choose for you!

At the end of the day it would be down to what kind of "experience" you would all want - ie the experience of being in Hard Rock and all the memorabilia throughout the hotel, or relaxed & fun RPR.

Good luck, don't think any of my whitterings would have been of help :blush:

Jedi Princess 7 Oct 13 01:09 PM

We only used the hotel to sleep in. Therefore we went with the cheapest option at the time (RPR).

Cannavar 7 Oct 13 02:10 PM

The rooms in the RPR are smaller than Hard Rock. But for almost the difference in price between the two resorts you can have a club level room at RPR which includes the lounge access, breakfast, drinks all day, lunch snacks, limited dinner options and cookies/cakes in the evening with wine.

I think slightly younger kids ( <12) will enjoy the pool at RPR more too.

Either way, both hotels are in a great location with great facilities. You'll love them both.

dee slack 12 Oct 13 10:54 PM

Can I just ask if there's anything else to bear in mind when choosing between the two, like is parking the same cost at either hotel, taxes, additional resort fees etc? We have stayed at RPR and Portofino already and for next year (Sat 27th Sept) it's only £13 more to stay at HRH than RPR for the night, so just as a deciding factor I was wondering if I should take anything else into account before booking.

Guest 12 Oct 13 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee slack (Post 9054435)
Can I just ask if there's anything else to bear in mind when choosing between the two, like is parking the same cost at either hotel, taxes, additional resort fees etc? We have stayed at RPR and Portofino already and for next year (Sat 27th Sept) it's only £13 more to stay at HRH than RPR for the night, so just as a deciding factor I was wondering if I should take anything else into account before booking.

Not that I can think of. Normally I would say go for the cheapest if you have 4 or under in the room; but as you have already been to the other two I guess for £13.00 it might be worth trying HRH for the new experience...

dee slack 12 Oct 13 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales (Post 9054510)
Not that I can think of. Normally I would say go for the cheapest if you have 4 or under in the room; but as you have already been to the other two I guess for £13.00 it might be worth trying HRH for the new experience...

That's what we were thinking, we were quite happy to go back to RPR again, but for the difference it's worth a try.

DIBBadmin 12 Oct 13 11:45 PM

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.