theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Avis questions (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137549)

sunny1 19 Jul 19 06:26 PM

Avis questions

I have booked for first time with Avis, we usually use Alamo or Hertz

I wanted to ask if we get to choose the car from a row or will we get a car allocated to us

Also is there any membership that I need to be aware of that will help offer extras/ skip the desk type of thing ?

And finally any reviews

Thanks in advance

wozwebs 19 Jul 19 06:30 PM

I am too, arriving Sunday at Tampa. Avis car was bundled with the flights. Their website has a 'Preferred' customer sign up which I have done. Mentions a free upgrade but we have the car for 17 days and it says for 14 days or lower that so doubt will get it.

RickT 19 Jul 19 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wozwebs (Post 13964563)
I am too, arriving Sunday at Tampa. Avis car was bundled with the flights. Their website has a 'Preferred' customer sign up which I have done. Mentions a free upgrade but we have the car for 17 days and it says for 14 days or lower that so doubt will get it.

Time you get into TPA on Sunday?

RickT 19 Jul 19 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny1 (Post 13964559)
I have booked for first time with Avis, we usually use Alamo or Hertz

I wanted to ask if we get to choose the car from a row or will we get a car allocated to us

Also is there any membership that I need to be aware of that will help offer extras/ skip the desk type of thing ?

And finally any reviews

Thanks in advance

As above, sign up to avis preferred so you can see your booking on the app, if its your first avis booking you will need to go to the kisok in the garage to show your dl and swipe cc, ensure your Avis preferred contains all this info already to save time.

You will be allocated a car, you can ask for a swap, or on future bookings us the app to swap the car before arrival.

sunny1 19 Jul 19 07:43 PM

Thanks for your replies, I didn't book direct with Avis (I used auto europe)

Would I still be able to join Avis preferred ?

RickT 19 Jul 19 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny1 (Post 13964688)
Thanks for your replies, I didn't book direct with Avis (I used auto europe)

Would I still be able to join Avis preferred ?

Yeah, just join and add your Avis booking number

wozwebs 19 Jul 19 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickT (Post 13964579)
Time you get into TPA on Sunday?

Says around 15:55. Have downloaded the app and can see booking but can't amend as I have a pre-paid voucher from BA. Might call them tomorrow see if I can upgrade to a Ford Edge rather than the Escape I have booked.

sunny1 19 Jul 19 08:49 PM

My main worry is getting the type of car I have booked

It says 7 seater Chevrolet suburban
It doesn't say or similar like it usually does

sunny1 19 Jul 19 08:52 PM

Sorry it does say or similar and premium suv

Any idea of the what similar might be ?

voicon 19 Jul 19 09:55 PM

I asked the same question here and was provided with...

Chevrolet Suburban
Ford Expedition≈MAX
GMC Yukon≈XL
Toyota Sequoia (Avoid these)
Nissan armada