theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Favourite Vegetable and the veg you hate (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1183733)

maidmarian 19 Nov 20 11:21 AM

Favourite Vegetable and the veg you hate

Do you love Veg?
Which is your favourite?
Which do you hate?

I hate Cabbage and it gives me terrible wind 🙊
I love peas though, any pea's, could eat them everyday 😋

MariaLynda 19 Nov 20 11:32 AM

I love peas too.. garden peas and processed peas mainly. Not keen on petit pois they seem all skin!

I like cabbage but the pale ones not dark leafy varieties. Carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower are also a big thumbs up.

Don't like all the other ones, kale, spinach, celariac etc.

maidmarian 19 Nov 20 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariaLynda (Post 14723571)
I love peas too.. garden peas and processed peas mainly. Not keen on petit pois they seem all skin!

I like cabbage but the pale ones not dark leafy varieties. Carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower are also a big thumbs up.

Don't like all the other ones, kale, spinach, celariac etc.

The tinned Bigga marrowfat peas are my favourite, any preference? 😉
I need a laugh today 😁

vanlou 19 Nov 20 11:50 AM

I’m not a particularly big veg fan. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite - I just “tolerate” most veg :D
I absolutely hate parsnips though 🤮

maidmarian 19 Nov 20 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanlou (Post 14723596)
I’m not a particularly big veg fan. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite - I just “tolerate” most veg :D
I absolutely hate parsnips though 🤮

Ooh love a roast parsnip 😋

Guest 19 Nov 20 11:55 AM

Continuing the pea theme.

My favourite - green garden peas in the pod. Eat the peas and the pod raw. Love them.

Least favourite - mushy peas.

However, as this is essentially two variation of the same veg for least favourite different vegetable.

Okra. Like eating slugs. 😨

BarrettFamily 19 Nov 20 11:59 AM

Dislike most veg.
Like courgettes
Hate, absolutely loath, detest and any other synonym you can think of, mushy peas.
My parents tell the story. When I was little we went out to lunch with my grandparents up in the lakes. My food arrived and I loudly announced that, if I had wanted mushy peas I would have ordered mushy peas 🤢

MariaLynda 19 Nov 20 12:01 PM

Peas for the love of peas! DH will only eat processed peas, I also do those boxes of dried peas that you soak overnight. Love those but they are so hard to cook without all the skins coming off! I like mushy ones too but not often, bit too much like eating baby food.

I eat way too many birds eye garden peas... like plate fulls with a few fish fingers... love them! haha

maidmarian 19 Nov 20 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariaLynda (Post 14723616)
Peas for the love of peas! DH will only eat processed peas, I also do those boxes of dried peas that you soak overnight. Love those but they are so hard to cook without all the skins coming off! I like mushy ones too but not often, bit too much like eating baby food.

I eat way too many birds eye garden peas... like plate fulls with a few fish fingers... love them! haha

You sound like me 😂

Bozza 19 Nov 20 12:49 PM

I'm a veggie and I can't think of a single vegetable I don't like.

Courgettes will come somewhere down the bottom of the list though - I just don't think they add much to anything at all.

Favourites: butternut squash, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts.