theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Walkers Grr (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1148703)

gavvy 7 Oct 19 07:30 PM

Walkers Grr

I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.

arielrocks 7 Oct 19 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavvy (Post 14115280)
I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.

But the same system is open to you to use and walk to get the reservation you want.

BarryandCaron 7 Oct 19 08:36 PM

I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.

arielrocks 7 Oct 19 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron (Post 14115399)
I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.

Me too. Always for VGC!

KarenG 7 Oct 19 09:38 PM

Yes Gavvy I agree it’s very annoying. I don’t know what the answer is.

Personally I simply can’t be free to do it every day at the right time, nor do I have enough points to walk early enough to guarantee my booking. So although people may say it’s available to everyone, it isn’t a level playing field (from my perspective).

gavvy 7 Oct 19 09:45 PM

I am not against walking, it's just at this rate I won't be able to get in on my day one until... well god knows, I am lucky that I can go any time between Sep and Nov 30... so I Should be able to get in at some stage.

It's just annoying as more and more are walking and its now v hard to get dates you need- unless you too walk months out- making the problem even worse.

I'd be happy to say pay an admin fee after say 3 or 4 changes, as long as it went to the cost of dues...which of course Disney would never do it go straight to Uncle Bobs 401k

dippiedawnie 7 Oct 19 09:54 PM

I've just booked our BWV stay for end of August next year and all room types were available for our 12 night stay. thought maybe things weren't as busy but obviously not. I've never walked- never had to in 20'years -have we just been lucky! 😬 Is it busy because of food and wine? Not sure I could manage to walk a reservation - sounds torturous!

gavvy 7 Oct 19 10:31 PM

Its the standards being walked and yeah its food and wine and low points. Hardest time to get a standard. Looks like I should have walked since August.
I will keep trying but its hard as I am in work at 12 when the booking window opens.

amy56 7 Oct 19 10:39 PM

I totally think that Disney should impose a charge after a certain number of changes - I find the walking infuriating, especially as now some are walking for literally months!

I agree with Karen that whilst it’s open to all, it isn’t a level playing field - both lower point owners are more limited & dependent on your Use year can also effect how far out you can walk (something I’ve found out to my cost with wanting a Christmas reservation) - I find myself in a situation that I already know that I’m unlikely to get a booking at 11 months for Christmas 2020, and so I’m having to book a more expensive room for less nights (as I haven’t got a huge number of points) & am having to stay offsite for part of my stay. And I’d been willing and able (timewise) to walk, but yet I’m already blocked from walking as early as everyone else with a different Use year.

Like others, I don’t know what the answer is, charging after say two changes to a booking will reduce walking, but no doubt upset those who change holiday plans frequently.

YorkshireT 7 Oct 19 11:14 PM

The intention of DVC was never to ‘walk’ it really is an abuse of the system causing an ever decreasing circle (now another has to walk, then another).

When you had to ring in, there was less of a problem. I warned on here I think, that the online amendment system (and it is much better) would result in much more walking.

Simple solution, 1 change to a booking only, maybe 2. Otherwise you have to cancel and book again.