theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   25th Wedding Anniversary California Road Trip Day 10 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1051538)

Jake71 12 Oct 17 12:37 PM

25th Wedding Anniversary California Road Trip Day 10

A bit of a later start today, up and showered and out for 9.30. Stopped for a $40 top up on fuel and headed for Burbank for our Warner Bros Tour.

We were early for our 11.30 tour but that was ok they put us on the next available one. Our tour guide, Mark, was really knowledgeable having worked with Warner Bros for 29 years. He worked on all 8 Harry Potter movies 🎥 and could tell us that in 8 years time they will be making The Cursed Child (so exciting) and apparently Daniel Radcliffe is returning to play Harry! Sorry I'm a bit of a Potter fan.

He was so enthusiastic

We visited the Harry Potter museum. I'll not bore you with too many photos.

I know sorted in to Gryffindor 👍🏻

The tour was really interesting. We are both The Big Bang Theory fans and at 30 days out I had tried to get show tickets, but they weren't filming this week 😢 However that meant that we could get in to see the set 😀 There was no photography allowed which was a shame. So we have stood in the Wolowitzs' kitchen and sat in the audience seats and we could see Penny's apartment and the boys' apartment, we were both pretty thrilled at this.

Then we were shown the Batman car museum. DH loved it. I was pretty impressed too.

A certain someone had left something behind!

We ended the tour in Central Perk and had our photo taken on a certain couch.

DH won an Oscar (the real thing)

Then on to the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre, (Thanks to Daytonababe for parking advice) like others have said, we've been and seen it but wouldn't rush back.

More pumpkin spice treats

We saw the Hollywood sign, you can just make it out!

And then ate at the Hard Rock where the sorted our parking ticket, so for 3 hours we were only $5 - bargain!

Next was a drive to Rodeo Drive and through Beverly Hills. On our way we got caught in traffic. There was a big Tom Petty concert on.

Then home for a glass of wine, watched the first episode of the new series of The Big Bang Theory and Kevin Can Wait, then bed. Tomorrow is what this whole 19 day holiday is to celebrate 🎉

Steps: 9,289
5.78 km

app 12 Oct 17 01:23 PM

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 12 Oct 17 1:23 PM.

mick 12 Oct 17 02:35 PM

Lovely day :spin:

Joan :wave:

jocat 13 Oct 17 04:22 PM

So glad you got a great tour guide at WB. :) Am soooooo jealous you got to see The Big Bang Theory set though and I didn't. :cry: Am pleased for you really. ;)

Melbatb 14 Oct 17 07:25 PM

Fabulous day - off to look at whether warner bros is open on NYD when we plan to go to LA for the day!

Jake71 16 Oct 17 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbatb (Post 12896448)
Fabulous day - off to look at whether warner bros is open on NYD when we plan to go to LA for the day!

Oh I so hope they are, I'm sure you'd love the tour. I'll look forward to your trip report over the Holidays.