theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Finding Nemo The Musical (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1203589)

thepixaralien 13 Sep 21 02:29 PM

Finding Nemo The Musical

Just seen the news from WDWNT that Finding Nemo The Musical is permanently closed at AK. :cry:

Absolutely gutted about this.

I thought it was great to have a musical production condensed into 30 mins (or whatever it was).
A great way to have a sit down, enjoy the AC and watch a show with great music.

I feel sorry for whatever comes next, it'll be a tough act to follow (IMO) ...

khonsu 13 Sep 21 03:09 PM

I'm shocked by that - I know (I believe) that 40 minutes could seem like a long time for kids to sit still and through songs they've never heard before, but it was an excellent production like you said.

And who doesn't want AC for that period of time in Florida!

A tough act to follow indeed - must be something good/current though. 15 years is a long run for any show.

DonnaD 13 Sep 21 03:17 PM

My daughter will be devastated when she hears this news. She got to meet the cast through a simple Facebook group request a few years ago. One of the members had a friend in costuming who arranged it for her. She had even become "real world" friends with her now.

My daughter has become Instagram friends with a few of the cast and will be very sad for them. In reality it has been shut for so long now I didn't really expect it to come back. It hasn't had the huge popularity of the Lion King show either.

Hopefully they will develop something new and even better soon.

chris123armit 13 Sep 21 04:12 PM

I’m devastated 😢🐠🐟🐡
Finding Nemo was the first musical I took both my DSs to…
& it holds so many happy memories
I know things have to change & evolve but it’s a classic !

neatfrk 13 Sep 21 04:23 PM

Sad to see it go. Would be much more excited to hear it was being retired to make room for some kind of replacement. But sounds like that hasn't been alluded to at all?

Shame - Nemo was a huge guest eater. Those couple of shows each day helped control crowds with a nice air conditioned respite. Even if a replacement is eventually announced, given the pace that Disney moves, it will be '23 before something is up and running in that theater.

Bozza 13 Sep 21 04:25 PM

Oh no - that's really sad.

We always make sure we see that show on every visit, so have been very fortunate to have seen it a fair few times.

That's a big theatre so a good "crowd eater" so you can only guess there will be a replacement show in due course. Fingers crossed...

loldis 13 Sep 21 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatfrk (Post 15134834)
Sad to see it go. Would be much more excited to hear it was being retired to make room for some kind of replacement. But sounds like that hasn't been alluded to at all?

Shame - Nemo was a huge guest eater. Those couple of shows each day helped control crowds with a nice air conditioned respite. Even if a replacement is eventually announced, given the pace that Disney moves, it will be '23 before something is up and running in that theater.

Disney haven't announced anything yet, the news is because they've apparently started stripping out the sets.

When they officially announce it, it might be coupled with new show plans. However because the building is (kind of) in Dinoland, I suspect it will sit empty until they announce whatever they're planning to do with that entire area of the park.

catherinesian 13 Sep 21 04:47 PM

Gutted. It was one of the things we ran out of time for when we were there in 2019. We said we would do it 'next time' in 2021.

dippiedawnie 13 Sep 21 06:32 PM

Gutted if this happens. One of our favourite shows 😢

northpetherton 14 Sep 21 03:03 PM

Disney Parks have just tweeted. It’s being re imagined for 2022. More details to come. 👍