theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Run Disney Paris Princess Weekend - May 2020 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1145125)

dav220588 10 Sep 19 04:35 PM

Run Disney Paris Princess Weekend - May 2020

This morning Disneyland Paris announced a second run weekend will be added for 2020 - this time with the theme of Disney princesses!

The run weekend will take place May 8th - 10th 2020. Some of you may note that Friday 8th will be the May Day bank holiday next year, so us lucky Brits can potentially pop over the weekend without taking any annual leave :grin:.

More details/bib sales will follow sometime in October!

doombuggy 10 Sep 19 07:45 PM

We heard about this over here in the US as well. I think I am going to stick to my original plans for participating in the 5th annual race in September...although it doesn't seem like the weather is much different between May and September?

tinker82 11 Sep 19 06:56 AM

I saw the announcement yesterday morning & immediately asked for the Saturday off work!
Luckily I'm an annual pass holder so I'll be doing both run weekends next year :D

Buggles94 11 Sep 19 07:43 AM

This is so so tempting!

Sarryb 11 Sep 19 08:48 AM

I'm a bit disappointed actually. I arrive on the 10th in the afternoon. How does it affect the usual running of the parks?

It's good news for people who like the runs etc. but for every day folks going for a short break not so much.

I was wondering what would be occurring when I'm there after they announced the Frozen season which ends a week previously, and I was hoping for maybe the Marvel season to have started. I'm guessing that it'll just be between seasons. Booo! X

dav220588 11 Sep 19 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarryb (Post 14065813)
I'm a bit disappointed actually. I arrive on the 10th in the afternoon. How does it affect the usual running of the parks?

It's good news for people who like the runs etc. but for every day folks going for a short break not so much.

I was wondering what would be occurring when I'm there after they announced the Frozen season which ends a week previously, and I was hoping for maybe the Marvel season to have started. I'm guessing that it'll just be between seasons. Booo! X

If you arrive in the afternoon of the 10th the parks will be open again as normal - the runs happen early in the morning. Expect crowds to be quite high on the Sunday but they'll drop off dramatically on Monday and it shouldn't be much different from the trip you expected.

Sarryb 11 Sep 19 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dav220588 (Post 14065875)
If you arrive in the afternoon of the 10th the parks will be open again as normal - the runs happen early in the morning. Expect crowds to be quite high on the Sunday but they'll drop off dramatically on Monday and it shouldn't be much different from the trip you expected.

Thanks very much for the reassurance. X

Guest 11 Sep 19 09:53 AM

Also Marvel season will be running from 24th March until early June - so you will get a season :)

Sarryb 11 Sep 19 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 (Post 14065918)
Also Marvel season will be running from 24th March until early June - so you will get a season :)

Oh, awesome. I hadn't seen any announced dates for then, yet. Thanks. Xx

diby5 12 Sep 19 09:53 AM

Having been in DLP on 8th May, albeit a long time ago, my experience is that it is very crowded as it has long been a public holiday for the French.