theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   2 reservations...are they linked? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158134)

katy341 18 Jan 20 12:42 PM

2 reservations...are they linked?

We have 2 rooms booked with ddp I was always told u need to call and have reservation linked which I haven't done as yet however, when in my mde it shows two reservations and all 6 of us are on there but in 2 lots of three so theres three named then when u scroll further down theres another 3. I booked adr at 180 days for 6 no problem I'm just wondering when it comes to 60 days and I'm arranging fp ... is that it all linked?

Hope this makes sense x

katy341 22 Jan 20 11:09 PM

Anyone?

Guest 23 Jan 20 04:41 AM

Never heard of anyone ringing to get two reservations “linked”. If you can see everybody in your party and their tickets, I am not sure why there should be any issue.

bighal 23 Jan 20 05:20 AM

Do you have 2 separate reservations numbers or just the one?
In theory if you booked them at the same time ie specified 2 rooms, they should have the same reservation number.

Nimbus 23 Jan 20 01:16 PM

Did you make 2 separate bookings each for 1 room? Or did you make one booking for 2 rooms?

It sounds like you did the latter in which case there's no need to "link" them. If you did the former then all you need to do is enter the two booking references into the same MDE and make sure all 6 people are listed in your account. In both cases, you don't actually link the two rooms or reservations together.

It sounds like all 6 of you are listed in MDE with tickets however you booked. Therefore there should be no issues when you come to booking fastpasses.

BTW, the ADR booking is a bit of a red-herring. Anyone can make an ADR booking for however many people they want. They don't have to have a reservation, nor staying on site, nor even have any tickets. So being able to book an ADR for all 6 of you doesn't have any bearing on the reservation(s).

katy341 23 Jan 20 08:51 PM

I did the one booking through charter but was given 2 reservation numbers but on mde I can see us all just grouped together in 2 threes

Steve Florida 23 Jan 20 09:25 PM

We have the same issue as we booked 5 nightt via WDW and have 1 comp night but the comp needed to be booked by phone in the US and they are on 2 different booking systems and can't be linked as US guys don't have access to UK WDW bookings... allegedly.

Nimbus 24 Jan 20 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katy341 (Post 14255288)
I did the one booking through charter but was given 2 reservation numbers but on mde I can see us all just grouped together in 2 threes

It shouldn't be a problem then?

It guess it depends on what you're trying to do? If the reservations are for the same check-in date then you'll be able to book fastpasses for everyone at the same time at 60 days before check-in. It doesn't matter if the reservations are separate or "linked", you can book the fastpasses for everyone listed at the same time.

If you wanted adjacent rooms - for example - then that would be a different matter. Even if you could somehow "link" reservations, then this wouldn't guarantee rooms next to one another.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to "link" reservations is to link them to the same Disney account. Which is what you've done.

Nimbus 24 Jan 20 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazzareo (Post 14255357)
We have the same issue as we booked 5 nightt via WDW and have 1 comp night but the comp needed to be booked by phone in the US and they are on 2 different booking systems and can't be linked as US guys don't have access to UK WDW bookings... allegedly.

That sounds like a different issue, maybe? It sounds like you might be trying to add on a 1 night comp reservation to a 5 night reservation for the same people in order to make it a 6 night reservation for those people. Is that right?

That's not what the OP wants to do.

They have two groups of 3 people and each group has a separate reservation that happens to be for the same check-in date and same length of time. They aren't trying to merge the two reservations into one single longer reservation.

Trying to merge one reservation to another or add one reservation onto the end of another reservation is a different kettle of fish. I can see that being tricky to do.

If you just want two different reservations - one reservation for 5 nights for one set of people and another reservation for 1 night for a different set of people - then I don't see this as a problem? Just phone the US guys and book the 1-night reservation for the same check-in date as the 5-night reservation. Then link both reservations to the same MDE account.

katy341 25 Jan 20 02:18 PM

I literally just want it where I'm making fp for all of us together xx