theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Matching clothes for kids (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158996)

vampiress88 25 Jan 20 01:36 PM

Matching clothes for kids

So I used to hate this as a kid with my sister but for my two daughters I really like it.

I prefer it for photos and it seems to stop arguments over “I wanted to wear that”
But I am finding now that my youngest has a million one one hand me downs and that I now have a choice of suck it up and buy the youngest the same as my eldest when I next go shopping for holiday clothes or dress her in the hand me downs to save a bit of money and risk not liking my photos.

Do/did you dress yours the same? Or use hand me downs.

They go through clothes so fast

LizzyBear 25 Jan 20 01:41 PM

My girls are 8 and 5 and I rarely dress them the same, usually just for xmas or special photos, though I know a couple of people with girls the same ages who do all the time. My younger girl mostly wears hand me downs (new shoes, socks and underwear though unless they're barely worn) With them both being at school now I don't find they need so many clothes as they used to anyway.

ERICSMUM 25 Jan 20 01:42 PM

My nephew’s and partner’s 2 little girls have some matching items which they wear if going out as “an occasion” or coming round to see family. Otherwise they wear different clothes. Or they might wear the same top with different leggings etc.

My niece does the same with their 2 little boys although they are 6 and nearly four and like to choose for themselves what to put on !

It’s a good compromise.

daisymae 25 Jan 20 01:43 PM

Never dressed them the same apart from a wedding we went to. There was the occasional hand me down but they are 4 years apart and youngest was always a couple of years behind his age in clothes so didn’t really work for us. Saying that if they had been closer in age then I’m sure youngest ds would have worn hand me downs.

Sandra & co 25 Jan 20 01:47 PM

I did it with my boys a couple of times as kids but there is 5 years apart, They both had England kits when England were playing. I think them wearing their own clothes and looking different is much nicer! :)

vampiress88 25 Jan 20 01:57 PM

Mine are only 15 months apart. Problem is my eldest is really tall so just trying to work out what clothes I’ve got.

When we are at home normally they don’t have matching stuff on unless someone’s bought it. In winter they tend to wear long sleeve tops.
But for holidays especially the cruise we got all the same one.

I’m thinking that I might just put shorts under eldest dresses cos they look fine until she bends over.

TC Devon 25 Jan 20 02:09 PM

I’ve got a Son and daughter and my daughter is a real tom boy, both like football, Pokemon and mine craft. Once I bought them the same hoody from the boys section- in the sale. My son (6) refused to wear it.

Pookie3101 25 Jan 20 02:11 PM

Mine are 3 years apart and have never worn the same. They are very different builds and colouring so never suited the same either.

Mary A 25 Jan 20 02:15 PM

As a twin, I hated wearing the same clothes as my sister! Different colours of the same dress was ok. We're individuals and wearing the same just brought more attention to us. Fortunately it didn't happen often

JudgeJ26 25 Jan 20 02:21 PM

My daughter's are two years apart. For special photos when they were little they didn't wear matching outfits but ones that were very similar to each other.