theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   DISNEY BRIDE DIETS - How are we all doing? PART 2 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=580167)

jellybean 10 Feb 12 09:33 PM

Just a quickie will be back on properly later.

Just to let you all know Jillian has well and truly arrived I did level 1 today before dinner and oh my god she's fab! Gonna start officially today on the 30 day shred and will post my food on here too

So today - 30DS level 1 20 mins - 200 cals burned according to my calculations?
B- weight watchers cookies & tea 140cals
S- nectarine 60 cals
L- ham toastie with square wrap not bread285 cals
S- nectarine 60 cals
D- chicken in bacon with some oven chips & steamed veg. Yoghurt for pud 540cals

So I've got 310 cals left out of my 1200 - not hungry at the min but were going to blockbuster to get a film in a min do might get something yummy as a treat not too bad of course!

What do you all have as a treat? I never know what to have soni just have nothing but I think that makes me worse as then I binge on chocolate or something onceive had enough of only healthy stuff. I'm guessing a treat with the cal allowance every now and then is better?

NatsyNoo 10 Feb 12 10:13 PM

Hi everyone
Another quickie from me
Just sat down so will check in again tomorrow and catch up a bit better tomorrow!

My food is the same as previously posted but also had a frube at work

About to have a hot chocolate and choccie bar of some description, will update MFP

Did well at gym, 500 cals burned on Xtrainer and then 15 mins of both resistance (mainly arms) and abs. And the walk to the gym too!

Gym opens too late tomorrow for Matt to drop me in and to bus both ways is a bit of a trek from here so am going to do the Kate DVD (I don't remember there being too much jumping?!) instead and then my DVD marathon! Also going to put the blue soles on my shoes!

Look forward to more Dibb time tomorrow! xxx

alkel2730 10 Feb 12 10:44 PM

Hi ya, just a real quickie as Emz post reminded me of this. The other day my friend went to Pizza Hut and when filling in MFP i noticed some of the contributed cals in there were a bit off, not all of them but just some and so i found this nutritional info sheet for pizza hut which i thought id post on here and then i forgot but Em reminded me with her naughty pizza - although 3 slices isnt so bad, personally i think it shows control anyway that you stopped there so dont beat your self up too much hun. That said deffo use that drive to power through your workout tomorrow and burn off those cals before they turn to fat and sit on your hips. ;-) Seriously, it could have been a lot worse. Xx
Here's the link anyway in case its of use to anyone:
http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/assets/res...izzas-0911.pdf

Look at the cals and fat on some of those slices! I bet im not alone when i say i used to polish off a whole pizza at one point in my life! No wonder i was over 16 stone! Yikes

NatsyNoo 10 Feb 12 10:52 PM

Eek that's scary Kel! I still can eat a whole pizza, a large one with a garlic bread on the side, and wouldn't be able to stop which is why Emz was so good and it's the reason I don't order pizza unless I intend to eat the whole thing!
Scary numbers though!

alkel2730 10 Feb 12 10:57 PM

Am the same Nat, no control plus i like the big Calorific ones! Its best i stay away too! Thats what they call ''controlling your environment'' lol.

Guest 11 Feb 12 02:30 PM

Ooh I haven't had a proper fat pizza for ages, I used to love a dominos but haven't had one since November! I can't control myself so I would rather just not have one! Been on a nice walk and jog with noodles today. Still feel ful of cold.
Thanks for the advice kel, I appreciate it! I don't know wether to get pt three times a week? It's not cheap but even if it was just for three months to give me a good start on my weight loss journey?
Ooh thinking of writing a pretrip report for the familymoon but how do I add photos xx

lady emz 11 Feb 12 02:52 PM

Hey ladies!

I did see that nutritional info Kel and that's what made me stop at 3, also I was full up with salad too! I'm lucky I don't like pepperoni as that doesn't help with cals!

It's so cold here tOday, was -11.5 when I took Scott to work, crazy! Went up to my grandads grave as would have been their 56th anniversary today, then cleared out some kitchen things for charity as too much we don't use so hopefully someone else will use them and the hospice gets the money :) just home and had lunch so going to finish my housework then thinking Zumba for an hour as my arms are still sore from thurs! Lol.

Food today was some muesli and skimmed milk and seeded toast with honey for breakfast, lunch was oatcakes with a laughing cow, turkey breast and pickle. Dinner is smoked haddock with some parsley sauce, with leeks, peas, topped with mashed carrots and swede and a shortbread biscuit for pud!

We might go to cinema tonight or DVDs, not sure I fancy the drinks, will go and see my nan too, busy!

Happy weekend! Xxx

NatsyNoo 11 Feb 12 02:56 PM

Agreed Kel! Imagine if pizza was good for you! This dieting thing would have been done and dusted months ago!
My nan came out with a classic at my sister's birthday the other day - 'pasta is fat free so you can eat as much as you want because that means it's really good for you' - WINNER! Lol, love her. She thinks the same about marshmallows too.
I'm just jealous that she's going to Florida for 7 WEEKS on Monday! Including 2 cruises! And then back to Florida in September for the wedding! Some people have all the luck!

Right, am catching up on all the posts I missed now!

Kel, good buys at the supermarket there! I always love the look of kiddie food but can't bring myself to buy them for myself! Vitamins, used to have them as a kid, have twice bought those Bassets soft and chewy vitamins, I have never really felt the benefit. Those 'well' ones seem good on the packet though, is it worth us considering them?
Well done to Alex getting his award! Hard working is paying off now! And it's so great that in the not too distant future, he'll be doing this for a living, something he loves so much! You must be so proud to seem him up there doing his thing!
I haven't done Bodypump, don't think they do it at my gym, but my LBT class is intensive on squats/lunges/kicks/leg lifts/crunches etc, it is so exhausting! Probably not quite 800 but still, sheesh! I don't mind squats so much, but lunges kill me!
Those brownies were yum! Not something for every week but a nice treat! The scones however are now a must have! Still got a few left over but in the next week or two I'm going to make a big batch - keep some out, freeze some, and take some into work for colleagues to try! With a little bit of jam, not even a tsp, they are amazing!
Thanks for the brekkie ideas, I try to still to the 'good for you' cereals...I love those New York bagels which are 215 cals for my favourite, the cinnamon one, but it's just difficult for me to toast them at work. Maybe I can have them at weekends though...too late for now but next weekend maybe?! I have some in the freezer as I thought they were too naughty but it's the same as a pack of Belvitas or cereal without butter and I don't mind them plain!
I hope your first day in the new job goes ok on Monday, it must be sooo unsettling especially when you and Alex are separated too! Really feeling for you!
Did you track down your poorly kitty!?
Well done for powering through at the gym! Testament to your determination imo.

Marie, hope you're managing to stay on track. Try and keep the wine a bit limited if you can. I don't drink so don't have alcohol to worry about, it's my sweet tooth and evening boredom/witching hour that get me so any spare cals I have I treat myself and most days I'll have chocolate. However, usually just a funsize one and if I go to the gym for an hour, I deserve that little treat! I find deprivation makes me resent dieting so knowing everyday I can have a little choccie to look forward to, makes me feel I can diet for longer and since I am losing weight, then that's fine! I actually find I can't eat a whole chocolate bar any more! KitKat Chunkys excepted! :blush:
I suffer from back pain too and it is so debilitating. It has eased a lot since losing weight and exercising but still I know my limits and can feel it at times. I have a weak core but the main problem is hypermobility of the lumbar spine (meaning that I am extremely flexible putting extra pressure on my joints) and facet joint syndrome...I am arthritis waiting to happen :( Just do what you can and if keeping it low impact is what you need to do, do it!
I love that Paige is a foodie, bless her! She must be so excited about her holiday! Does she know about the wedding? I didn't know if you kept it under wraps from her to in case she said something in front of family.
How did you get on at the Italian last night?
Take care my dear! x

Soph, I read something on MFP forums the other day - a woman had STS for 5 weeks but the change in her body was amazing. She started out visibly wobbly but by the end she had such definition in her tummy, arms and legs so do keep the exercise up!
Before Xmas, I wasn't losing, I was mega depressed about it, and sat at home on so many evenings just crying because I thought I was doing everything right. Ultimately, the lesson learned now is that I wasn't and hadn't for some time been eating enough. So do make sure your food is right. Is your diary public on MFP? I can't remember, will go over now and have a look. Good luck with the 30 day shred!
Good luck getting to your next target! I am desperate to get back down to 12st4lb which is where I was before Xmas, and then into the 11s! Target is 11st, 10st10lb if I can and even less than that if I can to give me as much room in my dress as possible before the wedding and also to get a little as I can! But I think 10st10lb will make me look pretty good!
Sorry to hear about Lee's job! That's rubbish! Same with Matt really, but who is friends with who. He is so ready to climb the ladder, area management tells him so, but positions are hard to come by/opportunities don't come up often and he's too lazy to proactively look for something else (other retail management positions, e.g. M&S). Hopefully this year will be his year what with everything else we have to celebrate!
Ideas for treats - I love the Highlights hot chocolate, Jillian brownies, funsize chocolates, rich tea biscuits, light chocolate mousses - just check out my MFP diary, it's public so you should be able to view it!

Kim, loved your post, yes, you are NEXT! 4-5 months now! Eeek! From so many points of view! When is your next dress fitting? Can't wait to see it again!
That playsuit sounds great! I got one last summer and adored it! Can I ask where it was from, as I'd love to get a couple more for Florida! Ta love xx
Hope your hair and makeup goes well today and that your other wedding 'chores' go well!
Your place card replacements sound brilliant!
Your wedding tasting meals sounds wonderful. I'm with you, enjoy it, but be good either side of it, no 'we'll start again Monday' mentality!
Your recent losses have been great my lovely, don't lose that momentum! 3lb-ers is brilliant so your sacrifices have paid off!

Emz, your favours sound fun too! I wanted the chocolate figurines to put on the table with our Tiffany boxes and emailed Disney Floral about 2 weeks ago but have not had a reply. Do you have any idea who else I can contact?
Your bootcamp sounds intense but sounds like you enjoyed it although it was exercise! It's strange what is happening to us isn't it?!
Soooo jealous of your planning trip! You won't forget to try our cake will you?! We're having a 1 tier Mickey Wave with milk chocolate cake and white chocolate mousse.
That camera prize was amazing! I agree that the timing for it isn't great though so the money would be better for you for the wedding fund at the moment which is still amazing! Hope you manage to sell it ok!
Did you make any banana muffins? I always get leftover bananas (don't like them too ripe) so any healthy recipes would be good. I found a banana and blueberry muffin recipe but it's 235 cals each so higher than I'd like them to be for a snack and not substantial enough for a breakfast!
Did you manage to squeeze in a workout?
Well done for the pizza again last night, stopping is really hard so you deserve lots of credit for that!

Michelle, hope you are feeling better from your migraine. Did you manage to try the 30 day shred yet? Have you joined My Fitness Pal yet? If so, let me know your username and I'll add you and we can encourage each other on there!

Loving the chat about Desk Disney-fication! I don't have a lot, just a mug for my pens and some photos on the board, but I've been thinking just recently that I must get more Disney bits for my desk, like a little photo frame, one of those little photo clip holders and a couple of other little bits, will get them in WDW on the Disneymoon as some lovely souvenirs!
Remember we were talking about the DCL Med cruise? Well we decided we're definitely not going to do it, we'll do something a bit cheap for our anniversary next year, but the week after we decided to either do NYC & WDW or California and Vegas, and I think the latter has won! So that gives me something lovely to plan after our Disneymoon is over as I desperately want to avoid the blues! So it's a nice little distraction!

As for me, Matt is working til 7.30pm so didn't leave here til 10.30am. As soon as he left, I did Kate's Cardio DVD, which I really 'felt' especially after my resistance training yesterday. I then did some clearing up/tidying, put some washing on etc, and did my shoes
Soph, they have come out pretty well actually! My shoes are really high so it's a bit 'bitty' and I'm not really crafty anyway, but from a distance (i.e. not looking up close and scrutinising) they look really cool! Can't wait to 'flash' them on the wedding day!

So did that while I was catching up on the last 2 Desperate Housewives. Then, this week I recorded Biggest Loser (UK) as they are in Florida so just switched that on. They are staying at the Portofino Bay which has reminded me of our 1 night stay at HRH which I am really looking forward to. We have planned to eat at Texas de Brazil but I can actually see us eating more locally to Universal now that they have that night-time show, could even just stick to Hard Rock Cafe, we'll have to see, we'll take it as it comes I think, but we'll take the voucher anyway!
Then will catch up on Biggest Loser USA before my DVD marathon!

Found out about bonus yesterday. Some people actually complained it wasn't enough, and yes, it isn't as much as recent years (and I'll admit to pulling a face at first) but then I realised, we all have jobs, pretty secure jobs, and this is a bonus, that's extra money! Works out about £1000 take-home which is a nice sum and will allow me to add some extra touches to the wedding and also put some extra away recovering some of what we lost with the move, so I was really pleased! Not quite the same as last year but not bad at all!

Anyway, back to dieting, food today, started late as Matt worked late but here's the plan:

B/L - cereal
S - scone & Sunbites (have you tried them, onion and rosemary are yummy!)
D - pasta bake
P - jelly and ?

Did my Kate dvd so hopefully cals should balance out ok! Our microwave popcorn has all run out now and I haven't told Matt on purpose so hope he won't buy any more!

Think that's all from me for now! Have a nice Saturday everyone! I'm off to put the heating on and hang the washing up! xxx