theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   PPI... thankyou (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1093794)

djewkes 8 Aug 18 10:34 PM

PPI... thankyou

I would have said that I never had ppi, 100% I would never pay it... then I read a thread on here about claiming... so being as not only didn’t have account numbers I also didn’t know who I’d had cards or loans with... I contacted a firm to do all the dirty work for me... I ticked every possible box who I might have had an account with and waited...
To my absolute surprise it turns out I did have ppi with 2 firms, And I’m due almost £2k after charges (10% + vat)... i’m really pleased it’s not a huge amount but totally unexpected... the payments date back to 18 years ago... I would have never found this on my own...
So many thanks dibbers, only reading about other people’s claims on here made me think about trying to claim... :grin::erm:

loves2plan 8 Aug 18 10:39 PM

Great news! Our ppi claims paid for one of our Disney trips :)

missy E 8 Aug 18 10:45 PM

We got almost 10k ppi pay out a few months ago. Hubby opened his letter & rang me to tell me we got back 5 grand as I was out. Got home & had a few letters of my own & got an identical cheque for the same amount in my name. We had to ring them incase it was a mistake.
No one as anything to lose by putting in a claim

simmofamily 8 Aug 18 10:46 PM

Can you tell me who you used and what percentage they charged? Am thinking of possibly using a company as I know I'll never do it myself.

djewkes 8 Aug 18 10:50 PM

I used www.reclaimppi.co.uk they charge 10% of the amount you get before tax plus vat... they have been very straightforward to deal with and no phone calls, all done by email and post...

simmofamily 8 Aug 18 10:56 PM

I might give them a go. Did you have to pay any upfront charges or charges at the end? Did they just take the payment out of the amount you claimed back?

Sitron 8 Aug 18 11:03 PM

It's very easy to do this yourself - my husband and I have claimed back 6k so far just by applying online.

djewkes 8 Aug 18 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmofamily (Post 13416047)
I might give them a go. Did you have to pay any upfront charges or charges at the end? Did they just take the payment out of the amount you claimed back?

No upfront charges, you only pay when the money has cleared your account...
It may be easy to do it yourself but tbh I hadn’t a clue about loans and credit cards we’d had 20 years ago...

sammykitten 8 Aug 18 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djewkes (Post 13416078)
No upfront charges, you only pay when the money has cleared your account...
It may be easy to do it yourself but tbh I hadn’t a clue about loans and credit cards we’d had 20 years ago...

not to mention a different name and several different addresses ago too :). Thanks OP, I think I'll give it a go too.

gl20 8 Aug 18 11:38 PM

Anyone know what my chances would be of claiming for PPI on credit cards I stopped using/cancelled around 18 years ago? I don't think I've paid PPI since and my understanding was that a payout is only likely if you were still making PPI payments in last 6 years.

Perhaps I should just try and see what happens. I know the cards I had and the addresses where I was living but that's all I have!